Smoke for Son's Grad Party

kgrigio

Knows what a fatty is.
We held my son's high school graduation party today and he wanted smoked foods. I was happy to comply. Last Sunday I smoked three beef arm roasts that I turned into Sloppy Joes using this amazing recipe I found on this forum a couple of years ago. I just replaced the ground beef with smoked and pulled roast.

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=162813

Last night I packed my UDS with 6 boston butts (4 boneless from Costco and 2 bone in from Sam's) and a picnic shoulder I had laying around in the freezer.

The pictures are as follows, the pork all seasoned and ready to go onto the UDS. The next picture is the top rack full of meat. The third picture is just after pulling the bone-in butts and picnic shoulder from the lower rack about 9 hours into the smoke and wrapping them to rest in my cooler with my Smoking Swaddler food warming pillows. The fourth pictures is of some of the meat after resting for 3 hours and pulling, getting ready to head out to the guests. The final picture is of the sloppy joes.

I made some killer coleslaw from another thread I found on this thread. It's the Cock of the Walk that Damar12 posted.

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23734

In all, the food was fantastic and the guests loved it! Out of the 7 butts, I had one left over and some of the sloppy joes left over, which will be great eating tomorrow and Monday.

I didn't get any pictures of the party on my phone, my younger son grabbed some on the wife's camera I may have to post later.

Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• Jason Grad Party Butts Pre Cook 3.jpg
    Jason Grad Party Butts Pre Cook 3.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 165
  • Jason Grad Party Butts On Smoker.jpg
    Jason Grad Party Butts On Smoker.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 164
  • Jason Grad Party Butts Ready for Wrapping.jpg
    Jason Grad Party Butts Ready for Wrapping.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 165
  • Jason-Grad-Party-Butts-After-Pulling.jpg
    Jason-Grad-Party-Butts-After-Pulling.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 166
  • Jason-Grad-Party-Sloppy-Joes.jpg
    Jason-Grad-Party-Sloppy-Joes.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 165
Congrats on the graduation! Food looks great. I'm sure the guests were happy with that meal!

Nice work, I bet there were a lot of smiles and full bellies.

Back