Skirt Steak Success!

darita

is Blowin Smoke!
After many SS cook failures, I finally hit on the perfect cook for me. Inside SS right out of the bag, trimmed the silver skin and in a zip lock with some rosemary and then into the Sous vide bath for 8 hours @135. I seasoned and seared over some lump about an inch from the grate.
I’m telling you, this SS was more tender and juicy than any other grilled beef I’ve ever had. I’ll never do SS any other way.

that looks amazing. if I could get skirts around here I'd be all over that method

Looks tremendous! Copying that idea ...

Last time I did skirt steak, I did it caveman style, right on the coals. Looked disgusting, but the flavor was out of this world. It was a bit tough though, TBH. Looks like you have solved that problem ....

----------------------------
P+S Maverick 2000 (coming soon!); Klose 20x36 Pipe Smoker; Engelbrecht Braten 1000; BGE XL; Weber 22" with rotisserie; Camp Chef 900 FTG; Camp Chef Somerset 4-burner stove; Traeger 15x22; Breville Control Freak

Thanks all for the thumbs up. All I can get around here is run of the mill inside skirt, which is tuff as leather. I tried several methods, but SV is the only one that really worked. Notable is that I tried 2, 4 and 6 hours, but for me, 8 hours seems to be the sweet spot, so far. Also notable is that I only salt before I sear, because if left on too long, the salt seems to give the meat a “hammy” texture that I don’t care for. I used fresh rosemary during the SV cook and it gave the meat a really nice flavor. I also used Bovine Bold for seasoning before searing. Oh…and when trimming, leave as much fat on as possible. That seared fat is wonderful.

Last edited:
Back