THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

snadamo

is Blowin Smoke!

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Adam
Had some pork loin in freezer so I cubed it added salt and cure and put in a press for 3 days to cure. Gave it a sous vide bath at 194 for 90 minutes. Let it cool overnight in fridge and ready for slicing. Got a chance to use my new slicer. Cut…like…butter.

I’m impressed with the results. Deli ham for a few weeks from a frozen piece of pork loin. I’ll probably add honey and other stuff to the mix next time.

52542622987_b2cf808165_b.jpg

Last edited:
I did something similar with uncured pork butt. I didn't use a press. Just Transglutaminase and saran wrap and sous vide. I was going for Italian sliced pork.

Well I ended up ordering one last night :clap:

It is fun. I’m looking forward to other meats with the press. I’m trying to see if it’s cost effective to do it this way. It certainly tastes better and I have more sense of pride making it myself.

Enjoy!

Back