Shirley smoker diffuser question

sackedbysapp

Full Fledged Farker
Is the diffuser really necessary in The warmer?with that plus ash pan both baffles wide open couldn’t get warmer near 200 degrees.

Attachments

• IMG_0443.jpg
    IMG_0443.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_0442.jpg
    IMG_0442.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 89
If your not grilling in the warmer there isn't really a need to have the ash pan in. As far as the diffuser goes it is a handy item to have for fine tuning the temps. I never had a problem hitting 250+ with the diffuser in. It also makes an excellent stand for an iron pot if you've ever made smoked chili, beans, etc.

it all depends on what you are trying to achieve temp wise.... if i wanted to get it really hot in there i would take out the diffuser and let the pan catch any drippings.....,some people take out the pan and foil the bottom of the warmer then chunk it after the cook..... there is so many ways to use the warmer go on our facebook fan page there is a wealth of knowledge there...if you can not get over 200 degrees you are just not doing something correctly.... i can bust 300 degrees very quickly

it all depends on what you are trying to achieve temp wise.... if i wanted to get it really hot in there i would take out the diffuser and let the pan catch any drippings.....,some people take out the pan and foil the bottom of the warmer then chunk it after the cook..... there is so many ways to use the warmer go on our facebook fan page there is a wealth of knowledge there...if you can not get over 200 degrees you are just not doing something correctly.... i can bust 300 degrees very quickly

With the ash pan and diffuser?

Yes, was just seeing what temp warmer would get to while cooking in main chamber with vents from chamber and top firebox both open with ash pan diffuser in.

Back