Self Basting St Louis Ribs w/ Taco Seasoned Pork Loin Poblanos

Fwismoker

somebody shut me the fark up.
The last few days I've seen wrapped ribs, nekkid ribs, hanging ribs and redemption ribs....dagummit I didn't see any self basting ribs so here you go. :biggrin1:

I really hope to see more people experience rotisserie ribs like this because it really takes ribs to the next level IMO. You can see the self basting on every rotation and I think it happens a little better with them in this orientation.

Ok for the meal I started with some ribs from Meijers which I like because they're all natural BUT alot of times one side is waaaaay thin and the other side is very thick much more than usual. Normally I'd rotisserie the full rack but when the disparity is so big I cut them in half so that I can just pull the thin halves when they're done and let the thick side continue to cook.

Next I finished using up some chopped pork loin and added taco seasoning to it then topped off with sharp cheddar in the poblanos. The poblanos I like to slice length wise and these suckers were huge.

This will be a very quick cook, can't imagine the ribs taking more than about 90 minutes and the peppers are almost done now. I'll update pretty quick with some more pics so you can see these ribs cooking...Oh my good right now.

Oh the ribs i just seasoned with Bad Byrons with 30 or so % turbanado sugar.

Bet those peppers were on point.

Roto shots are hard the movement blurs things.

Im glad to see your cooking under cover with that rain....wonder if becky would get mad if i brought the 007 into the florida room?

Bet those peppers were on point.

Roto shots are hard the movement blurs things.

Im glad to see your cooking under cover with that rain....wonder if becky would get mad if i brought the 007 into the florida room?

Well Steve I turned off the flash which I think blurred it. You have as much of a chance of winning the lottery as Becky allowing that cooker in the Florida Room! :laugh::laugh::laugh: ...but hey it could happen. :becky:

Yea we have major rain moving in so the natural light pretty much went bye bye. The thick half is off and look great ...not sliced yet. Off @ the 90 minute mark..plenty of pig honey and probe tender.

Ok they're sliced. Guys and girls you can probably see how thick this half is....way beefy which is why I think it's silly to try to cook lopsided ones like this whole. These will pull right off the bone @ 90 minutes not too bad.

This is with the flash and the last two are the tail end of the natural lighting.

Even though Meijers has good sales I'm gonna have to look at Gordons Food Service for ribs once in a while. It'd be nice to spin some full racks again. lol

Back