Scored a truck load of Oak.

Sure that's not a Coastal Live Oak, Quercus agrifolia? Red Oak is non native and would not require permits to remove or trim. Just sayin'.

I hope Live Oak wood is good for smoking with, as that is what I have lots of available.

I know its Oak for sure. But im not 100% sure its Red Oak. Either way ive got Oak for free....

wood

:clap2: Congratulations on that load of oak. I am sure that it is not all that easy for ya'll to find it way over there. After looking at your pics, I went out to my shed to compare. I am sure that it is not live oak, but it looks a lot like the red oak that I have on hand. No matter, like has been said already, it's oak and it will smoke fine. Though, I'm guessing most of that will be going in the WFO when it is seasoned.

:clap2: Congratulations on that load of oak. I am sure that it is not all that easy for ya'll to find it way over there. After looking at your pics, I went out to my shed to compare. I am sure that it is not live oak, but it looks a lot like the red oak that I have on hand. No matter, like has been said already, it's oak and it will smoke fine. Though, I'm guessing most of that will be going in the WFO when it is seasoned.

Thank man, the bark when split, is to the red/mahogany tint, so this gives it off. Yes you are right, most of it will be in the WFO, and i plan on speeding up the drying process. I really enjoy Peach wood for smoking, so ill keep my Peach for smoking purposes, i also have a load of Mulberry which is very similar to Peach.

I just split this open for a closer look.

33cn2gl.jpg

Back