Score these boxes and critique please

I would just suggest to get a little more involved with detail. Make things look moist even if they are not.

On a good note for you. Your brisket only finished 3 spots behind mine. Mine looked a little different though....

Scottie , wished i got to meet you... we were in the back 40 across from the amateur teams and behind a team running there waste water onto our spot the entire event.
I am getting an FEC 100 in May so I will be rid of the 500 gal COS i have been using.

100% CBJ's...

I did get all 9's for my presentations last weekend.... :shocked: I just wish those other scores hadn't popped up on my score sheets. But I guess that is BBQ. We don't complain when they over score us... So no complaints by me... As it was a very good contest. One that I would make the drive back for.

Scottie,
Thank you and BBQ Diva for your teams making the effort to come to this contest. Our team competes mostly in benefit competition like Grilling for Life in Madison and the Shriners in June in North Mississippi. We would love to hit the road, but the cost kills half our team and the other half can't miss work that much.

You're right it was a surprise, i reduced it down to appearance only, just proves we don't know our scores I guess :crazy:

Now for the surprise
scores
ribs: 888988
pork: 987799
brisket: 889999
chicken: 799998

Woodreaux, I'll say congrats, for posting your pictures and asking for feedback. It's a great way to improve your boxes.

I get so confused when I see 100% CBJ's score appearance like you got. It just shows a lot of inconsistency in scoring.

I'd take the comments here and work on the greens and the placement and let us know how the next event goes.

I'm a CBJ, TC and I cook also. I also would have scored them in the 6 or 7 range for appearance. It's also hard to do with the photos being dark, but we get the general look.

Good luck on your next contest, let us know how you do.

Russ

Scottie , wished i got to meet you... we were in the back 40 across from the amateur teams and behind a team running there waste water onto our spot the entire event.
I am getting an FEC 100 in May so I will be rid of the 500 gal COS i have been using.

Heck, I was over on that side of the contest plenty! I was over by the Late Night Whiskey Smokers and Blinddog's camp comparing different vintages. I was usually carrying a Clonesicle or a bottle of Tito's or holding a large refreshing shigging cup of my favorite beverage. :thumb:

Back