reporting a problem with templates. Layout, font, visuals, etc

1713947903425.png

Can we get rid of this banner ALWAYS being at the top. It needs to collapse to a thin line and drop down if pointed to, or just disappear when you scroll down for content.

Going full screen with the browser (F11) helps a bit, but as I have said elsewhere, I want my screen to show content. I know where I am, so hide the banner please when I scroll down.

Cheers!

Bill

I like the banner at the top personally. It allows me to quickly get to 'what's new', notifications, profile and preferences, etc.

Phil, in the Zenith template, it looks like the complete name isn't showing up on the screen. This is both on the ipad and the laptop.

1713962423926.png

The banner has the nsvigation bar on it. That's why it sticks. I can make it scroll off but then you have no navigation.

This is the bar I use to go back etc. It dissapears when you scroll down.

1713999674912.png

I don't use this bit for anything:
1713999746176.png

But it is there all the time. If you want to keep anything at the top, it would be the blue bar.

My mouse is a Logitech MX3 with the scroll wheel set to light speed. I can scroll up and down in a second if I want to see that banner. The rest of the time, it's just taking up space. As an example, some photos dont even fit so you can see them in full unless I go full screen (F11).

Cheers!

Bill

Here is a little example of a dissapearing banner.

The grey and blue line indicates the banner is there.
1714000247572.png

When I put my pointer over that grey, blue line, the menu drops down:

1714000325997.png

This is a feature of a specific web based recording and assessment ssytem I use at work.

Just a thought.

Bill

Not yet, at least on the iPad. I have confirmed I am in xenith template.
I won’t have access to my laptop for 3 weeks.

1714005879463.png

maybe been mentioned before, but.......

a holdover from the old board that I was never much of a fan of and also was hoping might go away, but is there any way the 10-15 pinned threads in Q-Talk could be consolidated to a single pinned thread? kind of a annoying to refresh the screen and have to scroll a page and a half down just to get to freshly posted content.

just a thought.

i agree 100%. weve cleaned them up a little but not enough. Mike was working on skimming them down. I may just set up a spot to archive everything thats there, or at least the ones that may not be as relevent as they used to be. WE'll get rid of them someway.

I was an Illuminate-light fan, but now use Xenforo Basic as my favorite Style.
I like the home page and the disappearing header much better.
To make Xenforo Basic near perfect, can you delete the stats below the user avatar like on other templates?
Waste of vertical real estate and of little use/interest to most members.

Thanks
TIM

guys.. every template is bought separately and has different features, Modifying one does not necessarily mean the change will propagate. Also, many of these templates come with maintenance, and when maintenance is applied, or bug fixes put on, modifications will get lost or over written.

The easiest and safest changes are ones that i can change via the control panel. Those are usually maintained after updates or fixes and i do them quickly.

The changes i make to templates manually are things i see that will either propagate, or wont be over written, but modifying individual templates for individual tastes isn't feasible. Every template would have to be modifies individually, and the code and functions are different for each. This means locating the various code locations and adding the changes. This will become a coding nightmare in the long run.

Last edited:
Noted on Tim's post I switched to Xenforo basic and indeed the banner behaves itself as mentioned by disappearing as you scroll down, just leaving that thin nav bar. That's all I hope to see on Illuminate Light if possible. The alignment of topics appears to have been fixed making it my prefered template apart from the bloody banner.

Back