Royal Oak One Day Sale at Home Depot

Everything is getting smaller. Snicker bars, etc are an example. One day, if, God forbid, you go to MacDonald's and buy a Big Mac, it will be the size of a silver dollar but you get you pay twice the price.

I bought 6 bags today at the sale price. I use it to help start up my offset. Also use it on my two BGE's. Hmmmmm...maybe i need to get some more. :doh:

i have used 3 bags in my shirley in a year. at 2LBs per cook that is about 26 cooks. i guess i don't need to buy any right now since i have 4 bags but i bet i stop by HD on the way home. would hate to pay full price if i ever run out. we are either a sick or cheap bunch of farkers.:wink:

Everything is getting smaller. Snicker bars, etc are an example. One day, if, God forbid, you go to MacDonald's and buy a Big Mac, it will be the size of a silver dollar but you get you pay twice the price.

I bought 6 bags today at the sale price. I use it to help start up my offset. Also use it on my two BGE's. Hmmmmm...maybe i need to get some more. :doh:

Just got back from buying some more bags. I have a storage unit so why not use it to store charcoal bought at a good price.........plus Royal Oak is decent enough charcoal for my needs. Not the best I have used but pretty damn good.

I used to use the ol' Wicked Good stuff back in the day and loved Ozark Oak, both for use in my Egg's. Got to be a real pain in the butt to get them. The Ozark Oak was cheap but getting it to me in the Houston area was expensive.

I'm a newbie/novice BBQer but really enjoy the challenge and learning about the equipment used and various techniques. I find this forum very interesting and informative, so many thanks for the heads-up on the Royal Oak!

I learned about the best smoker charcoal brands on this forum last week and before then I would have simply loaded up on Kingsford briquettes...

Many thanks! I was down to 100 lbs and was getting worried! Stopped by on the way to work and got my 10 limit. May stop by again tomorrow and grab some more. Thanks again for the heads up!

:becky::becky::becky:

Pretty sure could've gotten more (nice lady ringing me up) than the limit but this is all I can store for now.

W0lcI8oh.png

Some fricker fracker bought 2 pallets worth at my local store and cleaned them out. I should have ordered online but i wanted to use my in store coupon so i waited and it turned out it could not be used on "sale" items. ****es. I snagged the 3 remaining bags but had them place an order for the limit of 10 at a store across town. Going to pick up tomorrow but i was freaking out for a little bit. :redface:

Some fricker fracker bought 2 pallets worth at my local store and cleaned them out. I should have ordered online but i wanted to use my in store coupon so i waited and it turned out it could not be used on "sale" items. ****es. I snagged the 3 remaining bags but had them place an order for the limit of 10 at a store across town. Going to pick up tomorrow but i was freaking out for a little bit. :redface:

I have another word for "fricker fracker"....starts with an "A"...........

Just ain't right....

I got 10 bags. They had plenty at the store I went to. Thinking about going back for another 10, but the wife probably will get angry if I stockpile too much.

I already have my year supply of KBB, and in my couple years of BBQ'n I've only used KBB. I picked up 4 bags of lump today, I really want to try it out. THANKS
For my first cook on the lump I'm thinking some steaks.

I have another word for "fricker fracker"....starts with an "A"...........

Just ain't right....

Cleaning em out, thinking only of yourself---bad Karma. And I promise Karma is watching. "Yea Me-Boo Them" seldom has a positive outcome.

Point taken. I have cooked with lump and it does seem to burn a bit cleaner. The reason I ask is I usually buy in bulk when these sales roll around.

Be careful with "cleaner". Lump tends to light faster, burn hotter and faster and leave less ash. The way it is made, it can have more of the wood chemicals left in it and can have more smoke flavor. So cleaner as far as ash, but not necessarily as far as smoke.

Briquettes are more consistent, burn more evenly and longer. Other than specialty versions like Kingsford Competition, they generally produce a lot more ash which can be an issue in Kamados.

For the most part, for high heat fast grilling I prefer lump. For slower lower heat or controlled heat cooks, briquettes have the edge.

Back