Rotisserie drumsticks on the Weber Kettle again.

farmer-fred

Full Fledged Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Tom
I wanted some wings to cook on the Weber kettle and I could not bring my self to pay the high price so I bought a large package of drumsticks and decided to cook them for tonight's supper. I made up a brine and left them in the fridge for about six hours. Placed them in my basket with some Slap Ya Mama and Bovine Bold. Grilled @ 325 to 180 internal and sauced them. They were great. Served with fresh green beans from the garden and sweet corn from the market because ours in not ready yet.

Chicken getting dizzy
20200711_165015[1].jpg
Maynard the cat hoping for some leftovers for him
20200711_173015[1].jpg
Plated with fresh garden green beans and market sweet corn. Washed down with some Jack Daniels.
20200711_173753[1].jpg

Ya know Tom I have been seeing different cooks with a rotisary. I have one that came with my Ducane but, have never used it. I always thought it was neet but, finally just dawned on me (maybe because I am a few pints in a Surly One Man Moshpit) you don't have to worry about flipping the meat!?! Anything else or am I totally missing it? Either way I really want some of your drumsticks right now. My fav!

Dang Tom that looks farking amazing. That's good eating for sure.

Funny enough I was going to do the same thing today but I had a big lunch and it got way too hot to be out. :grin:

Thanks all for the positive comments. The chicken was really good. I really like cooking with it as the food always comes out very juicy because of the turning and basting in its own juices. Also if you want to spritz or mop it gets evenly covered. Some of the best ribs I have cooked were done on the Weber kettle and this rotisserie. I really want to try a spatchocked chicken in the basket.
Tom

Back