Rotisserie chicken rub?

Fishwater2002

Full Fledged Farker
I’m going to hang some chickens this week in the Bronco drum & looking for a basic seasoning similar to what you get when you buy a rotisserie chicken from your local grocer. Any thoughts?

Sam's club used to sell a rotisserie chicken rub that was really good. I can't recall who made it though.

Most rotisserie chickens are injected with a slightly stronger brine with additives, including phosphates which is why they are so moist. So a salt/sugar brine would be a good starting point to duplicate the flavor.

Sam's Club and Costco use big birds, but they are only about 45 days old... also adding to the tenderness. A 3-ounce serving of Sam's rotisserie chicken gives you around 25% of the recommended daily sodium.

I got some from my local grocery store Winn Dixie that I really like. Any grocery store will have some in the spice aisle.

Spun some leg quarters yesterday using SuckleBusters LPG (Lemon Pepper Garlic).... I've also used Salt Lick's Garlic Rub with great success if you like a little spicier rub.

I like Lawry's seasoned salt and McCormick Seasonal with the nod towards Lawry's.

I do the inside as well.

I should clarify that this is what I do on beer can chicken vs rotisserie.

I like a spog with the addition of salt free chicken bouillon powder! Pretty tasty

My go to is McCormicks Rotisserie chicken seasoning.
2291704.jpg

I recently started using the Traeger garlic and chili pepper rub. I've had it on steak and chicken so far - and it's good on both. It's really good at not giving you too much of any single ingredient, all the spices just play nice with each other and give a great overall flavor.

when i get my next gas grill i'm seriously debating getting the rotisserie, for now I just spatch the bird and get after it

There's also the Badia spices. The complete and the cajun go well together and they're pretty cheap. I get the big bottles from Sam's.

If you are mixing your own:

Equal Parts Celery Salt, Garlic Salt, Mixed Dried Herbs and Paprika. Hot or sweet. Your choice.

Dust liberally.

You will not be disappointed.

Back