Sounds crazy I know…

4ever3

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Sounds crazy I know, but I have never bought a chicken specific chicken seasoning.

We either smoke whole fryers to pull for various dishes or grill chicken thighs.

So hit me with you best shot!

What is your go to chicken specific chicken seasoning/rub?

A few suggestions for chicken specific rubs. Chef Merito.Pollo is good. John Henry's Mojave Garlic, You could chicken a lot of different ways with Bohlner's Fiesta offerings. Obviously I don't have a go to as I change it up frequently. These I've used and all are gtg

Then there's the old standby 2PSL

2 parts coarse Black pepper
1 part Kosher salt
1 part Lawry's

Last edited:
Suckle busters is good, we like lemon/lime/rosemary forward rubs for chicken, hard to pick just 1 as some are better baked/smoked/fried lol

I usually smoke 3 whole chickens or a bunch of thighs every 7-10 days that I use to put on top of salads, flatbread sandwiches, tacos, you name it. I often use two seasonings and do half the chickens in one and half the chickens in the other, and sometimes mixing a little of both on some.

One is in a mix of sorts as well, as in half and half Mojo citrus herb and Mojo Tropical, and the other half in Weber Beer Can Chicken; it's very balanced and medium to strong flavor without overpowering the chicken.

I also brine every so often with Tipsy Tom's turkey brine that I purchase when they have sales that I believe is very good and does make a difference. I actually have 4 whole chickens, 3 of them are brining in a brine that I made similar to a mop sauce, to try on my new LSG Large IVS with B&B comp briquettes. The other thing I do to all chicken is inject Tony's Jalapeno butter creole injection that we like a lot and keeps the birds juicy.

I'm going to do an experiment with the 4 whole chickens this week where I brine one only, inject one only, and two brine and inject, prior to smoking all 4 and see which makes the biggest difference in flavor.

My chicken standbys....

Sounds crazy I know, but I have never bought a chicken specific chicken seasoning.

We either smoke whole fryers to pull for various dishes or grill chicken thighs.

So hit me with you best shot!

What is your go to chicken specific chicken seasoning/rub?

My mom's old standby for chicken...was Lemon Pepper seasoning.

I still use that at times...

But I generally grab my "go-to" seasoning, Tony Chacherie's Creole seasoning.

Of course this stuff is SALTY...very salty....so, I just use it in place of salt when I use it.

I'll just throw that on a chicken and go quite often.

If I'm going for more of a southwestern slant, I'll do a bit of regular salt, and some chili powder and cumin.

HTH,

cayenne

I have tried numerous chicken rubs. Some definitely better than others. More often than not, I still find myself preferring the simplicity of salt and pepper.

Hands down!

5SbxpbSl.jpg

Back