Thinking about a rotisserie

BackYardRob

Full Fledged Farker
Name or Nickame
Rob
I have a PB pellet grill that I enjoy very much. But thinking of adding a rotisserie to expand it's capabilities. I do NOT need ideas on how to make it happen, I've already done the design. Just looking for input on what you folks think about it's practicality. I see Gyro meat, wings, and the obvious birds and roasts with a slightly added dimension.

So, what do you think??

Don't want to hijack this, but what other than a chicken can you cook with one?

You could...

Anything but meatloaf...

You could get one of those rotisserie basket type things and likely do a meatloaf in that!!
;)

But back on topic...YES, get one.

I bought the large Joetieerie for the Kamado Joe that I use on my Big Green Egg XL and I LOVE it.

For instance...I don't really do turkey baked in the oven....so for Thanksgiving ever since I was about 14yrs old, I and my family have always done Prime Rib....or standing rib roast.

These days, I do mine low and slow on my rotisserie for T-Day.

My saying on Thanksgiving is "The only turkey at my house is 101 Proof".

;)
But get one, to me it really opens up possibilities on the old grill.

C

The only true rotisseire...

odojak.png

Are you planning on having it over the sliding char broiler? If not it would just be rotating in a convection oven so to speak.

Are you planning on having it over the sliding char broiler? If not it would just be rotating in a convection oven so to speak.

Yes, I plan to utilize the slide feature, for all or part of the cook, as a start or reverse sear when needed. But also to keep the juices and smoke evenly distributed. Definitely has it's advantages over just sitting on a grate or in a pan, depending on your type of cook and desired end product.

This works really well for me. The Roto Q360 I got from backing their project on kickstarter and they are available to buy now. Drip tray removed but you can place it at the bottom to catch drippings. It's mechanical and once wound it goes for about 45 mins. No cords.

tcy61ebh.jpg

FZF6ULyh.jpg

If you can stick it and stab it on there… you can spin it man

Pork Loins, Bologna Chubs, Shoulders, Roast etc..

Mine was made for a small whole hogs over a fire pit :rockon:

Last edited:
I’ve a rotisserie on the gasser. Love it!

Prime rib

Basket for rotisserie wings

Pork loin filleted like a jelly roll, then herbs, ham, cheese, whatever and roll it back up then beacon weave wrapped

Chicken

Nice toy!

I’m noodling on how to make one for my Recteq RT-1250.

Alton fell apart on me...

Gyro meat is minced meat aka meatloaf.

Alton Brown has a recipe where he cooks it on a rotiserie.

I have a 1958 Bantam paperback, The Art of BARBECUE and OUTDOOR COOKING
Cooking on a 'spit' is extensively featured.

I tried Alton Brown's recipe for gyro meat...and it indeed fell apart quickly on me...
:(

I'm looking for a better way....thinking stacked sliced meats on a regular spit will do better...

I'm planning to try that soon with a makeshift Tacos Al Pastor type thing...
(I'm still looking for a good marinade I want to try for that).

C

This works really well for me. The Roto Q360 I got from backing their project on kickstarter and they are available to buy now. Drip tray removed but you can place it at the bottom to catch drippings. It's mechanical and once wound it goes for about 45 mins. No cords.

How tall is the Roto Q360? The Amazon description says its 7.4" tall but yours certainly looks taller than that?

My Recteq RT1250 has about 8.75" from bottom grate to top and I am wondering if this would fit.

Back