Rib night is becoming a thing!

MossyMO

is one Smokin' Farker
Name or Nickame
Marty Owens
Injected a couple racks of ribs with Blues Hog pork marinade mix, after a rest sliced the ribs and used Wild Willy’s Rib Rub on one rack, and Twisted Steel Sultry Smoke Rub on the other.

-----

-----

After an hour around the Vortex the ribs were probing tender and ready.

-----

Ribs were excellent and both flavors were each very good, will be using both again!

-----

Thanks for looking!

Those look amazing!

I’ve done the Jess Pryles 1 hr ribs with much success but I’ve GOT to try your style!

I don't recall actually seeing that method but you certainly can't argue with the results! They look fantastic!

Hi Marty,

Just want to confirm, you cut up the rack before smoking? What rub is the most spicy?
I need to avoid spicy. All looks great!

Injected a couple racks of ribs with Blues Hog pork marinade mix, after a rest sliced the ribs and used Wild Willy’s Rib Rub on one rack, and Twisted Steel Sultry Smoke Rub on the other.

-----

-----

After an hour around the Vortex the ribs were probing tender and ready.

-----

Ribs were excellent and both flavors were each very good, will be using both again!

-----

Thanks for looking!
Looks good with that vortex. How do you like ribs cooked sliced like that?

Hi Marty,

Just want to confirm, you cut up the rack before smoking? What rub is the most spicy?
I need to avoid spicy. All looks great!

Yes, the rack was first injected, after it rested it was sliced and then cooked.

The Twisted Steel Sultry Smoke Rub had a bit of bite to it, the Wild Willy's was very good, and mild.
We stock both if you're interested!
www.owensbbq.com/wild-willys1.html

Looks good with that vortex. How do you like ribs cooked sliced like that?

It is a good quick rib. Being seasoned and cooked on all 4 sides is a different texture for sure, but cooked right is still tender.
Make no mistake, for judges in competition I still suggest the traditional low n slow. But it would be fun to gets judges thoughts on these!

Got a three pack of spares down in the shop...yer method... Santa Maria... mesquite lump... everything is easier when a member makes my cooking decisions.

-D

:doh:.......
Ive done this with chicken thighs....
Why have I not thought of this !
another example of the Bretheren and their creativity.
Nice work!

Back