Revenge of the Ninja

Molasses= OLD SKOOL! Nice spin.Been using them for years.Youngsters just cannot grasp it.

I got the heads up from brethren frog13 who dropped off the face of the board 2 years ago, not too long after the tip. I tried it, liked it and then stashed it in my back pocket. I guess this slather craze reminded me of it and this cooks got me looking for any edge i can get

Brisket is on. My usual heavy trim, splay the point. Season with as much black ops as will hold and a coat of coarse salt and coarse pepper rested for an hour. The spritz is thinned out worchester/balsamic vinegar. We will be wrapping in paper and employing the long hold.

XA4FuGKh.jpg

Good luck mate, how do you make handcrafted strawberry lemonade?

Let him know "Can't touch this"

Attachments

• Muhammad Ali01.gif
    Muhammad Ali01.gif
    849.7 KB · Views: 219
My ribs ready to go

BmyZvedh.jpg

Charlie is ready too. His ribs are consistent. Solid rub and baked in foil for 2 hours i believe before basting in sweet baby ray and gas grill finish. They came out exactly like they did last year. Well done brother. :thumb:

RJeNynJh.jpg

This was a battle of two tested battle tested warriors. No punches were pull, every trick in the arsenal was at hand.

Charlie struck first. He dropped his entire 6 rack portion an hour and 15 minutes ahead of scheduled service. He also went with his typical 2 bone portion strategy, a gamble that cuts his portion lot in half but risks scaring lite eaters.

G0nechOh.jpg

I had to strike back but i wasnt anywhere near a reasonable rib offering. Charlies' gambit had me realing. I still had 45 minutes before i expected to serve. I let one of the briskets out as a counter punch. The effect was minimal, folks just loaded up on ribs and brisket.

nl2j8GDh.jpg

Desperate to stem the tide i called in the big guns. Road dog and :becky: to the rescue

ZfEVSIMh.jpg

The gloves came off and the sides came out

keeLE5Bh.jpg

6Pu2Z7Kh.jpg

Puppy power. Who wants to eat when they can hang out with bruno

8gvyU9dh.jpg

I let patience be my virtue and was rewarded. The color on the ribs was great. Letting the meat sweat for 2 hours before cooking really helped.

UrNnoGbh.jpg

When no one was looking i made my move. Bam topped ya. Not my fault you put yours out so early

tono7aTh.jpg

And the winner is?........

Everyone. Good times with great people. Now lets have a beer and enjoy ourselves

UvfvQW7h.jpg

Nice attack! I got a friend from El Paso who swears by his dad's "BBQ" baked ribs. There's always the crowd that follows convenience. I bet Charlie use a crock pot for his pulled pork!

Back