Rec Teq*****

DanB

is One Chatty Farker
Hi All They sound just like another highly rated smoker company?
Mods if this post does not belong please move it.
Thanks DanB

Hey guys, it's me, the guy that had his grill stolen only to find it in a roadside ditch battered and bruised. I wanted to update you all on my experience with Recteq's customer service.
I'm speechless.
Recteq is the best company period. They requested some pictures and I sent them in.. After that, Trish (nicest lady ever), told me that they will replace the damaged replaceable parts for FREE.
But that's not what made me shed several tears.
They asked that after I fix the smoker, that I donate it to my local fire department and they will replace my grill with a brand new one!
I normally don't get emotional, but when she said that her and her team heard about what happened and wanted to give me a new Recteq, I cried...I'm still in tears.
This smoker brings my family together. This grill creates memories with my kid when I teach him how to cook on it. When people come to my house it's the first thing I would show them when they get a tour of the place. I've always been proud of my Recteq, and now I'll never consider buying a different brand.
So to the amazing people at Recteq, if you're in this group, thank you from the bottom of my heart.
I will fix "The Jackal" and clean it up like new and deliver it to my local fire department along with some ribs for them.

Awesome, yup I have heard nothing but good about that company. I hope the Hose Draggers enjoy the smoker. You are providing a stool for them right? :bow::bow::wink::wink::boxing::boxing:
:peace::peace:

Last edited:
Now that is what I call customer service!

My Rec-Tec 590 gave me it's first problem this weekend.

Auger stopped working. Don't know if it's a jam or bad auger motor.

Won't be able to tear into it for a couple of weeks but this makes me feel ok about it.

That's amazing...and not horribly surprising with Rec-Teq!!! I love my 700 and can't say enough good things about it. I needed a replacement part once and they sent it, plus a few extras just because, and sent it fast.

I kinda feel bad for my WSM 22, because it just kinda sits there now. I just can't bring myself to get rid of the old gal (smoker not my wife haha).

Thanks for sharing!!

Awesome, yup I have heard nothing but good about that company. I hope the Hose Draggers enjoy the smoker. You are providing a stool for them right? :bow::bow::wink::wink::boxing::boxing:
:peace::peace:
Hi Please explain "STOOL"
Dan
PS I'm just a RT customer who has had some very good customer service from them, for minor problems..They were handled very quickly!!:thumb:

DanB

Wow. That is so cool of them, and you. If and when I am in the market for a pellet grill to replace the one I have Rec-Teq moved right up to the top of the list.

Won't be able to tear into it for a couple of weeks but this makes me feel ok about it.

From what I can tell, Rec-Tec has superior customer service but perhaps not the most robust auger system. Like so many other things in life there are trade offs here as well. Good luck! I'm sure the Rec-Tec folks will get you back up and running if there's a mechanical problem.

What's up neighbor? How long have you had your 590?

Dan this is an awesome story! I have enjoyed my RT 590 and this makes me even happier with my decision. First class people.

Great story Dan, this was also a big part of my decision to get one, their cs. I couldn't be happier with the smoker or them. I am sure your local fire dept will truly appreciate the smoker, ribs (your lesson :-D) and rec tec too.

Thats very nice of them. Its things like this that turn customers into brand ambassadors.
Good for everyone involved.

I bought the Bull ( 700 ) a few months ago ( recommended by Smokin' Cracker ) and I like it so far. Not as much smoke as stick burners or upright insulated, but over all I am happy with it. Built like a tank.

This is awesome. I agree on costumer service side of rec tec business. This weekend my smoke box came in. There was a broken thermometer I emailed them they replied in just minutes. To tell me a new one would be on the way. It was shipped Monday top notch I’d say

One of the reasons I chose recteq. Over and over I read stories about how quickly they fix problems and I’ve never read where it cost the customer a dime. Not to mention I’m finding out my 700 cooks amazing food!

Great story,that also gets sales, shame they are not available down here

Back