THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I was just at HD this morning and was looking at the Rancher charcoal and thinking of giving it a try, but I went for the Kingsford instead. I guess I should have bought a few bags, sounds like its not too bad...especially at that price.

i just bought 3 bags two days ago... put as much in my charcoal starter as i usually do....wayyyy too much... nice hot heat, low odor, i used half of what i usually do with other charcoal... held the temperature better than kingsford IMO

2.99 a bag, cant go wrong

Ok, You guys are killing me with these "Rancher" charcoal prices...

Bigmista. about sams choice.... is it the price or the charcoal? :confused: I think I might be setting myself up!) I could have sworn I read SOMETHING good about Sams choice... I better do more searching...
I'll look for royal oak, they have a kingsford something over here, blue and white bag...

Be nice guys!

You all realize we're getting set up!
we'll use up all the Rancher and be jones'n for it like the guys that stocked up on the Old Kingsford! The farkers'll probly jack up the price on us or Kingsford will crush them! I don't want to be running all over town looking for it like I did for Lazarri lump this winter!

Brian

This is the way I figured it, 52 weeks a year- 2 bags a week- round up to 110 bags, that will last to the next Memorial Day sale. I hope I was right.

What a wife!!! I had looked at a couple of home depot stores for this stuff and could not find it. My wife got me 5 bags for our anniversary yesterday. It don't get much better than that.

Wow, what a easy guy to please! 5 bags of charcoal for an aniversary present, I guess its the quality, not the quantity! :-D

Stink'in Home Depot...

Thanks BigMista...
Hows this?? My Home Depot JUST got in the "Rancher" Charcoal...I know we live in Hawaii but! :rolleyes: So I asked the Store Mgr. if he'll give me the sale price,(don't know what that price was...)since it arrived late? He says NO, sorry thats the way it is for Hawaii and Alaska, if it doesn't make it on time for a sale, they don't have to sell it at the sale price?:evil: :evil: ?!!!!()#$$*$*#&#??.
Anyways the price is 4.99 /20#bag, a little cheaper than kingsford, they have 2/21# for 12.98...
SO, is this a good price for charcoal??
The mgr. says it might go on sale 4th of July...:twisted:

Appreciate any feedback, my wife is waiting for me to call and tell her how many bags to pick up....

Thanks BigMista...
Hows this?? My Home Depot JUST got in the "Rancher" Charcoal...I know we live in Hawaii but! :rolleyes:

Appreciate any feedback, my wife is waiting for me to call and tell her how many bags to pick up....
Maybe she will buy it for you as a present. Wouldn't that be nice :wink:

If you are a dad - Father's day is around the corner.

I hope I get more than 1 bag "coal" (get it? scrooge?:-D )for my Fathers day gift... unless its a "pallet" of coal...
laters...

Thanks BigMista...
Hows this?? My Home Depot JUST got in the "Rancher" Charcoal...I know we live in Hawaii but! :rolleyes: So I asked the Store Mgr. if he'll give me the sale price,(don't know what that price was...)since it arrived late? He says NO, sorry thats the way it is for Hawaii and Alaska, if it doesn't make it on time for a sale, they don't have to sell it at the sale price?:evil: :evil: ?!!!!()#$$*$*#&#??.
Anyways the price is 4.99 /20#bag, a little cheaper than kingsford, they have 2/21# for 12.98...
SO, is this a good price for charcoal??
The mgr. says it might go on sale 4th of July...:twisted:

First of all YES... I bought/used probably 4-5 bags at $4.99 and was very happy with it at that price. It was a steal at $2.99.

Second I would give the manager heck... it was advertised on the web at $2.99 until May 30. It's not your fault their shipping channel is slow. I would tell him I am a good customer and want the advertised price.

First of all YES... I bought/used probably 4-5 bags at $4.99 and was very happy with it at that price. It was a steal at $2.99.

Second I would give the manager heck... it was advertised on the web at $2.99 until May 30. It's not your fault their shipping channel is slow. I would tell him I am a good customer and want the advertised price.
Try shooting an email to their corporate office.

Finally picked up a bag to try (@ $4.99) and so far am not impressed.

Does anyone else think it burns too hot or hotter than K? I started out this morning as I normally do, a mixture of RO lump and briquets. USed the Rancher, lit about 10 coals, and it really got hot fast. Shut one vent 100% and the other 2 50% at 175, then all 3 bottom vents went 100% closed at 220 (yeah I was a little late, cuz it got there so fast...way fast) and my lid temp is now 265.
I'll try it one more time since I have it, but if this is indication, won't buy it again.
Other opinions of it?

Back