THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

This charcoal is great! Catches easily, burns clean, nice odor and low ash. The bricks are clean and dense. I'm sold on this stuff....I plan to go back and get about 10 more bags to stock up!

Last edited:
I bought 6 bags today @ $2.99 in Des Moines. Gave 2 bags to a friend to try out on his cook tomorrow. If it goes well, I'll let you know ( right after I grab a pallet or so:lol: ).
Dave

I'm bummed. They dont have it and never heard of it in Central VA. The guy even called other local stores for me, but the HD here doesnt have this product. Bummer

Rancher Charcoal is good chit! Seems to last as long if not longer than Kingsford. Tried it out on some seafood last night. Nice clean burn with low ash!

Those colonial bastards!!! Tell them to get on the ball!

Crackin me up Mista! Did you know that this is the 400th anniversary of Jamestown and Richmond? The birthplace of our country babe! Righty here in VA. Capn John Smith and the boys crash landed on Cape Henry just north of VA Beach in 1607. Festivities are going on all over the place this wknd.

http://www.americas400thanniversary.com/

*Woops- this is Qtalk. I dont mean to hijack. I'll start another thread in Woodpile on this subject.

Rancher Charcoal is good chit! Seems to last as long if not longer than Kingsford. Tried it out on some seafood last night. Nice clean burn with low ash!

Ok, now you're rubbin it in Big Brother. :mad: I wish I had some. Actually sent thsi wife to HD yesterday but she struck out. Oh well, at least she (we) made an attempt.

I bought 4 bags at 4.99 Thursday. I was bummed when I found out about the 2.99 price on Friday. No matter, I used it on Sat. in 2 WSM's and I really like it. I went back this morning and bought 6 more bags at 2.99. Should have bout more. They didn't have much left.

Just took a look at the HD flyer in the Sunday rag, and they have the Ranchers advertised as a "Special Buy" at $2.99

Posted in the other linked thread as well, but I just brought home 30 bags of the stuff... I hope I get similar results as all of the others who report good things about it.
DSCN5711_sm.jpg

I got 4 bags to the storage shed out back when the rain started to come down, so the rest are in the garage for now... and yes, I know I need to clean up that side of the garage!!! :shock:

James.

I used the Rancher yesterday for the entire day and I was pleased at the result. It does throw off more ash but I was able to hlod temp in both my smokers with little fuss and the product came out fine.
So I went back last night and picked up 6 more bags at HD in Freeport. How can you go wrong at 2.99???
Oh, I almost forgot, I also pp/u at deck box to hold all the bags.

I got 4 bags yesterday, with all the good review will go back today and get some more. THe sign saod special buy, guess it goes off sale tomorrow.

Scott

No Rancher here...

They said said "Its not in our market" it doesn't even show up on their order sheet...so they can't even order it!...
Walmart has the regular Sams choice 2/18#bag for 8.95...is this good?

They said said "Its not in our market" it doesn't even show up on their order sheet...so they can't even order it!...
Walmart has the regular Sams choice 2/18#bag for 8.95...is this good?

Never tried it, but if your WalMart has Royal Oak Lump this is an excellent charcoal, it is $5.79/10 lb. bag

I ran out at lunch today & picked up another 5 bags of Rancher...I think I have a sickness :lol:

I just got 10 more bags this morning.:shock: :biggrin: This will get me through most of the summer with the my Santa Maria and LA Caja China.

Back