THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BBQ Bacon

is One Chatty Farker
Name or Nickame
Dean
I got a Pullman pan for Christmas so I had to give it a try. A Pullman pan is a bread loaf pan that has a lid to make square shaped bread. I won't post the disaster that was the overflow from the cooking process as I let it proof too long. There were no instructions with the pan so I just let it proof until it filled the pan. Big mistake considering bread expands while it cooks. Regardless, what was still in the pan turned out fantastic and I can't wait to give it another try.

Pullman-Loaf-Pan-bread-2.jpg

Pullman-Loaf-Pan-bread-3.jpg

Ok one pic of the overflow.

Pullman-Loaf-Pan-bread-4.jpg

After baking and removing from the pan.

Pullman-Loaf-Pan-bread-6.jpg

Final loaf done.

Pullman-Loaf-Pan-bread-5.jpg

Pullman-Loaf-Pan-bread-1.jpg

Weigh out each doughball before cooking, when you get the loaf you're happy with you have the target weight for perfect loves each and every time!
Ed

After watching a couple of Youtube videos, apparently, when it's about an inch down from the top that's when you want to start baking. when it's 50% of the pan, you pre-heat the oven to 375.

Wow, never seen anything like that, but I've always wondered how they got the square sliced bread. Neat, thanks for sharing.

Back