THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SMOKE FREAK

Babbling Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Craig
I had no intention of entering this throwdown but I did have a hankering to try my hand at pulled ham.
Ham is coated with rub and ready to catch some smoke in the WSM 18.

And I thought the heat and the sweet would blend well with the salty ham.

After 5 hours of Pecan smoke it's time for half a beer and a foil blanket to rest in a 300 degree oven till done. OK that's not really resting now is it.

I got this pan of pulled ham along with a lot of meat still on the bone for some ham and beans next week.

These are the players. CWB toasted, smoked extra sharp cheddar slices, and a mix of Dukes Mayo, whole grain mustard, and a whole roasted hot Hatch pepper minced.

And this was my first sandwich.

Pretty sure I heard it say bite me. :rolleyes:

In the end I think I like pulled ham better than any pulled pork I ever tasted.

And thanks for checking it out.

Never heard of pulled ham before but it looks great. May have to try that sometime. I have smoked some "corned" Boston butts before and made pastrami pulled pork with them and liked it quite a bit.

I've cooked plenty of hocks and shanks to a pullable state.... and I've eaten pulled ham, but have never made it. I cure front shoulder hams (butt and picnic) so I think I'll give this a spin on a picnic one of these days.

Back