Potatoe salad?

Well, I was forced to make a batch of tater salad last night. You guys had me droolin'! I boiled some Red potatoes and pulled half of them out when they were still firm, cut them up and tossed in EVOO and Montreal steak spice and into the oven under the broiler. Red Onions quartered and separated, Radishes, sprinkled them with Balsamic Vinegar. Cut up the rest of the taters. Celery, Dill, chopped Dill pickles, Hard boiled Eggs, Green Chile, Blue Cheese, Cilantro, Salt and Pepper, a little Mayo, Cider Vinegar, Olive Oil. I may have missed something, but, boy is it good.

:faint2:

I think this is one of my favourite threads, ever. Potato salad is one of my favourite foods. It deserves the cult status it's getting in this thread. :nod:

I'm hungry and we've already finished the potato salad I had to make when this thread started. :cry:

I think this is one of my favourite threads, ever. Potato salad is one of my favourite foods. It deserves the cult status it's getting in this thread. :nod:

I'm hungry and we've already finished the potato salad I had to make when this thread started. :cry:

I never thought a silly thread like this would turn into this. One thing I've learned is a thread belongs to no one.

I thought tater salad was like the cranberry sauce of summer, only had at special events and usually poorly done. Glad too see there are other fixin junkies out there.

My Aunt used to make a "garlic potato salad" I wish I had the recipe! Just your regular potato salad with the addition of garlic. I was eating potato salad one day, took a bite with a pickled garlic clove (sweet) that happened upon my fork, and may have to try that next time.

And fork, unless its in a bowl, then spoon to fit the profile of the bowl!

I never thought a silly thread like this would turn into this. One thing I've learned is a thread belongs to no one.

I thought tater salad was like the cranberry sauce of summer, only had at special events and usually poorly done. Glad too see there are other fixin junkies out there.

Ninjas don't make much noise, but they do make an impression. :becky:

Tater salad in the South is an institution in and of itself. Apparently elsewhere too...:thumb:

Don't get me goin' on cranberry sauce...............:mrgreen:

I finished making about 13# on the nite this thread started, a little got ate up at the Weber Kettle event, the rest I finished very early this AM........

I make a minimum of 10# & usually end up hoarding it .......deadly serious about this stuff !!!!

Tater salad in the South is an institution in and of itself. Apparently elsewhere too...:thumb:

I finished making about 13# on the nite this thread started, a little got ate up at the Weber Kettle event, the rest I finished very early this AM........

I make a minimum of 10# & usually end up hoarding it .......deadly serious about this stuff !!!!

And apparently, especially in Sacramento, California. :mrgreen:

Exciting Announcement for Potato Salad Lovers

Hey brothers and sisters! :becky:

There is a "Salad" throwdown happening right now!

This is a link to the nonsensical, whackadoodle thread where we goof off and make jokes about the theme of the TD and razz each other.

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=189505

For those who do not know, a throwdown is where we smoke or grill or otherwise cook outdoors over fire, take photos of our cook and post them in a specific thread, the "clean" thread link is below. The clean thread is for posting entries and serious discussion of those entries.

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=189526

If anyone is new to the TDs and has questions, post them in the clean thread. If what you want to say or ask about sits on the line between serious and not serious, err on the side of caution and post it in the delinquent, whackadoodle thread. You'll get an answer in the delinquent thread and it's likely it will be bad advice. It will be a funny read, though, and that's worth something.

The parameters of your dish are it must be cooked over some kind of fire or embers outside and it must be a salad of some kind that is suitable to eat for dinner. Read all of the throwdown rules before entering. I won't be able to enter this one, too bad, I think it's going to be fun! Some potato salads we talked about on this thread would be awesome to see entered! After about a week and a half (5 business days sandwiched between two weekends) we have a week of voting and then a winner is announced. Voters are unpredictable and have been known to get it wrong several times so if you are entering for fun, not just to win, you'll have a good and interesting time.

Thanks for the heads up kathy. Hopefully this flu subsidizes by tomorrow and I can throw down with yall. Sounds more fun then the throw up I've been doing.

Kathy, thanks for reminding about the throwdown. My potato salad doesn't qualify but here is what it looks like:

psalad3.jpg

And I whipped up this for the throwdown:

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2933011

My girlfriend made me potatoe salad today

I needed a side to go with my next entry in ninja vs pirates ( noobs vs vets) throwdown so Becky whipped this up for me

I feel there's not enough tater salad on people's plates and hope this resurrection of a goodie will be an inspiration. Feel free to answer the question in the original post too.

Big Potato Salad Tip

Hey, fellow potato salad lovers!

Was at a potluck last night, my friend made THE MOST AMAZING POTATO SALAD!! Was simply done with Hellmans and onion but….. SHE BOILED THE POTATOES WITH THREE OR FOUR GLUGS FROM THE VINEGAR BOTTLE. We figured glug, glug, glug, glug would equal something like ⅓ to ½ a cup of vinegar. Unbelievable what that does to the potato salad, the flavour is not just coating the salad, it's in the middle of the salad.

Had to share this breaking potato salad news with all y'all!

Back