Wild Fork Membership changes

snadamo

is Blowin Smoke!

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Adam
I just got an email from them saying on Feb 1, they will no longer be servicing areas with 1-2 day shipping....in other words, me... and a lot of other folks.

Essentially, they offer free shipping with orders of $200 or more. I get it, economy issues and all that, but that was THE most economic way to get meats online.

Kinda pissed...it was fun while it lasted?

Starting February 1, 2024, Wild Fork Unlimited membership will no longer be available in areas serviced via 1- or 2-Day Ground. If you currently have a Wild Fork Unlimited Membership and are in an affected area, your membership will remain in effect until the expiration date displayed on your account page

Guess I need to get friendly with a local butcher.

Dang! I'm going to have to check to see if I am affected. I don't order often, but I like having options.

guess they are moving from the expansion phase to the profit stage of an internet business...good luck. living in a major metropolitan area has its perks. I can find just about anything within 30 minutes drive.

Lots of other options out there. Seems to be common, as they grow and get bigger the price goes up. Look for smaller meat lockers that sell online.

Never ordered from them but always read good things about them, so how do you tell if they will ship or not? I don't see where they are located, sounds like they sell enough local they don't need the other folks that want to buy from them.

I had been considering trying some of their stuff that can't easily be sourced locally, but with this news that's out the door. Closest store is 800+ miles from me, so my only option is overnight air. At $99 just for shipping they can keep their meat.

guess they are moving from the expansion phase to the profit stage of an internet business...good luck. living in a major metropolitan area has its perks. I can find just about anything within 30 minutes drive.

I agree with you. However, in my situation, I have to rely on family basically to drive me around anywhere, for the time being. Wild Fork eliminated that challenge, and it was a really economical price point...Oh well, not anymore.

Shoot, I think Porter Road may even be a viable option now...

admittedly, I realize this isn't a really big deal in the grand scheme of things...but I am allowing it be one for me.

Can you still pay for shipping or are they just not servicing your area under any term?

So, it's free shipping for an order $200 or more

Under $200 shipping costs incur (which, I imagine will be the the cost of the piece of meat, or more, based on other company models)

And they've already canceled my membership...no refunds, just expires in July.

Prior to that, with my membership, it was free shipping for orders $35 or more.

Nothing changes if you're local...I'm a few hundred miles away from the closest one.

If I continue to use Wild Fork, I now have to buy in bulk to make it an economic choice, which I'm not really set up for.

So, it's free shipping for an order $200 or more

Under $200 shipping costs incur (which, I imagine will be the the cost of the piece of meat, or more, based on other company models)

And they've already canceled my membership...no refunds, just expires in July.

Prior to that, with my membership, it was free shipping for orders $35 or more.

Nothing changes if you're local...I'm a few hundred miles away from the closest one.

If I continue to use Wild Fork, I now have to buy in bulk to make it an economic choice, which I'm not really set up for.

Why would they refund you if you keep your membership (and free shipping) until your year is over?

I got the email and I'm not bothered. I have a big freezer and ordering $200 at a time won't be a problem. Plus I won't have to pay a membership fee.

An admission...

Why would they refund you if you keep your membership (and free shipping) until your year is over?

I got the email and I'm not bothered. I have a big freezer and ordering $200 at a time won't be a problem. Plus I won't have to pay a membership fee.

Admittedly, I think I read their email wrong. I was under the assumption that Feb 1 they're cutting off service completely. Meaning in 2 days, I am SOL. If I keep my service through my membership expiration, then that's fair. A lot less pissed off.

Admittedly, I think I read their email wrong. I was under the assumption that Feb 1 they're cutting off service completely. Meaning in 2 days, I am SOL. If I keep my service through my membership expiration, then that's fair. A lot less pissed off.

I could see the confusion based on the email. But I'm sure they have to continue the service that you paid for when buying membership.

Overall I don't see this as horrible. I do like to just get $35 order when I'm low on rib racks or something. This new policy will require better planning ahead. But it should be fine. I do hate spending $200 at a time on meat, but love when the order arrives.

Free shipping on frozen meat was never sustainable at a $35 price point. The packaging and shipping materials alone would probably negate most or all the margin at purchases well about $35. I get that was the deal offered, and they probably viewed it as a loss leader/promo for early adopters and probably also hoped that people would place larger orders that allowed the "free" shipping to still be profitable, but unless their margins are like 50-75% they'd have to be losing money on orders anywhere near $35.

Back