Post Hike Chile Beans

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Good 1.5 hour hike PDCSP. Crowded, departed when I really wanted to foot it another hour. Home and had one pound of 90/10 ground sirloin.
Sucklebuster Chili seasoning is really good but too hot for The Bride, therefore I mixed up a batch of chilebeans for me.
I'm On fire 🚒🔥✌️

Last edited:
Beer, one and done when I got home. Tequila, one shot for the pot, one for the cook. Moscato in my Jelly Jar while dining, and a late evening Sazerac Rye Whiskey over two cubes.

Select tracks of Bob Seger, The Who and Pink Floyd cranking on Spotify.
One more day to do "me" things. The Bride returns tomorrow.

I’m a fan of SB chili seasoning too, but too hot my my wife as well. I can barely put a TBS in a full crock pot.

I’m a fan of SB chili seasoning too, but too hot my my wife as well. I can barely put a TBS in a full crock pot.

Way back when when I first Discovered Sucklebusters, I used to buy their chili seasoning BOGO. I'd end up with 20 boxes and we'd eat them all. I just don't remember it being this spicy. Reckon it's perfect heat level for some, and I enjoy it sometimes, but less often, and by myself. Perhaps our scoville sensitivity has changed. I know hers has. Reckon mine has as well.
I ate three bowls

I bought this via Sucklebusters Area 51 a while back. Pretty sure Ghost Town Chili refers to Terlingua of chili fame not the hot pepper of Chile Fame. May be wrong. Ingredients just list Chile pepper. Most Ghost Pepper products I've seen prominently say Ghost Pepper in ingredients if used. Ghost Town Chili says 2X International Champion..
I'm going to give this a try next. I no longer see it available via Sucklebuster and the only website I saw it in says out of stock.

Last edited:
Thank you sir. Any experience or knowledge on The Ghost Town chili seasoning?

It's HOT!! But I like the flavor.
From SuckleBusters:

"Chili Kit Ghost Pepper 2 oz - When we say beware, we mean BEWARE! This kit makes the hottest chili in Texas! We start out with our award winning blend of chilies from New Mexico to create and traditional base then add Bhut Jolika, Ghost Chilies to take the heat level where only the hottest fiery food lovers can tolerate. Don't worry, we tone down the ghost chiles with habanero chiles and chilpotles to round out the flavor profile. Can you take the heat?

Ingredients: Ghost Chile Pepper, Black Pepper, Cayenne Pepper, Cumin, Garlic, Spices, Salt & Silica. NO MSG. Naturally Gluten Free."

Tread lightly... :mad2:

I saw the actual Ghost Chile Chili seasoning but what I have is Ghost Town and only lists Chile Pepper in the ingredients listing. What I have is no longer available via sucklebuster website

I saw the actual Ghost Chile Chili seasoning but what I have is Ghost Town and only lists Chile Pepper in the ingredients listing. What I have is no longer available via sucklebuster website

Sucklebusters Area 51 is where new rubs, blends and products are offered for feedback. Kind of pre production or testing.

"Welcome to SuckleBusters Secret Area 51 Webpage for TEST Kitchen Products.
Load up and let us know which items you like best! Based on your feedback - we will take the most popular products on the shelves for everyone to enjoy!"

Guess it didn't make it. Ill try it sooner than later.Ive had it a while and reckon decisions have already been made.

Back