THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Batch Image
Had a successful brisket smoke between wind storms. Seriously 40-70mph straight line and gusts. We are in a perpetual "flaming Tumbleweeds" warning. Anyway. Took 1.33# of 90/10 ground sirloin and mixed in 0.67# of cubed brisket point and added two teaspoons of bacon fat. Had a Roma tomato that looked ripe and added her in. Morton's Chili Seasoning with extra cumin, mexenes, Chef Meritos Puerco and a teaspoon or three of green Chile powder. Chicken stock and a couple of brisket juice ice cubes. And about a half cup of fire roasted tomatillos sauce from TJ's. Today there was not much remaining so added a can of Bush's red kidney chili beans to stretch it out. Topped it off with a Whataburger ketchup packet I found in the tool drawer.
Meat measures are estimated- kind of like my fish stories. Enough truth that nobody really knows for sure

Last edited:
Had a successful brisket smoke between wind storms. Seriously 40-70mph straight line and gusts. We are in a perpetual "flaming Tumbleweeds" warning. Anyway. Took 1.33# of 90/10 ground sirloin and mixed in 67# of cubed brisket point and added two teaspoons of bacon fat.

Dang that pot must be huge to fit 68.33# of meat!!!!

I see you fixed your reported weight of the brisket to read .67 lbs. You're a much better cook than I'll ever be but I have to say I can't believe you didn't use .73 lbs. I just don't think it's gonna turn out right without the additional .06 lbs. Just sayin'.

Back