Possible Original Braunfels Bandera?

KC Bandera

MemberGot rid of the matchlight.
Name or Nickame
Pat
Hello folks i found this thread by searching up the new used smoker i got for 75$. After research and looking a pictures of the Char Broil versions i think i might have an original New Braunfels Bandera. On the inside of the smoke box door and on the back of the smokebox it has B 46. I noticed the hinge on the firebox door is one piece instead of 2 and EVERYTHING is welded. No rust on this one as it has been in storage for at least 15 years. The guy i bought it from owned storage unites and someone got behind on payments and gave this to him to sell. What do you all think. It has 20 pounds of pork butt in it right now. Thank you all, Pat.

Attachments

• IMG_0026.jpg
    IMG_0026.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 174
  • IMG_0027.jpg
    IMG_0027.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 172
  • IMG_0028.jpg
    IMG_0028.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 174
It looks good to me. I think you definitely got the best end of that deal.

it is 3/16 i believe just over 1/8th so would have to be. Its around 28 degrees today and no prob keeping 250-275 using post oak. I did gasket the doors and did a home made baffle to direct the heat but waiting on oklahoma joes to get more of their baffle's for the bandera available. They are like 8.99 so super cheap and should do the job.

I was really hoping someone might recognize the sticker and the temp also has new braunfels labled on it. Ive never seen another one like it on the internet.

Killer deal....Like finding an old classic car for sale that's been in a farmhouse barn for 40 years.

Great find, but I don't think it's an early original. I've got that decal on my door. I'm thinking it's about the time Charbroil bought out NB and moved it to Georgia...
Your firebox door is most likely a replacement, clean.

Back