THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

QuietOne

Full Fledged Farker
The Brethren saved my butt after I opinioned that I could make better pulled pork on a rusty drum with the advice I hit a winner so big I'm making pulled pork every week it seems.

Once again as usual.... eating out having BBQ Pork Loin sorta Oriental at a eatery....

You guessed it I said "I can cook a loin better than that on a rusty drum." The retort once again has "been prove it."

I'm doing Loin chunks not whole as I couldn't get them. Pieces are from 2.1 to 2.6 Kg. (4.5lbs to 5.5lbs??) for 25 - 35 people. I figured 150 g per person and I picked up 3 pieces that total 6.8 kg. (15 lbs??) So I have enough meat to start with??? Should I get another loin piece?

Also having Chinese stuffed buns, spring rolls, Cowgirls pan bread, steamed cauliflower with cheese sauce, and a simple salad.

I need another home run recipe please help a guy out......

I do not do an oriental one, so not sure if this would work for this particular request. Though I do 3lb(or so) pork loins with a garlic/oregano salted crust, poked and stuff with cloves of garlic..and a fresh citrus/serrano/cilantro sauce. Smoked with my own pecan wood. The roasts are always so moist and juicy, and makes me drool just thinking about them.( I am funny that way) If interested in this one, I could share the details. Though won't be able to do so till later tonight. Just let me know. We have several GREAT Asian BBQ places around here, and I too would love a recipe similar to that.

pporkloin5-1.jpg

porkloin60.jpg

pporkloin51.jpg

I am looking for a more Oriental style BBQ for tomorrow

That said I'd love to have that recipe in my collection, dang that looks good!

I might do that instead if the timing is good.

I do not do an oriental one, so not sure if this would work for this particular request. Though I do 3lb(or so) pork loins with a garlic/oregano salted crust, poked and stuff with cloves of garlic..and a fresh citrus/serrano/cilantro sauce. Smoked with my own pecan wood. The roasts are always so moist and juicy, and makes me drool just thinking about them.( I am funny that way) If interested in this one, I could share the details. Though won't be able to do so till later tonight. Just let me know. We have several GREAT Asian BBQ places around here, and I too would love a recipe similar to that.

pporkloin5-1.jpg

porkloin60.jpg

pporkloin51.jpg

If you're willing I'd LOVE to hear how this is prepared! :becky:

Use soy, mirin, rice wine vinegar, sugar, honey, and hoisin sauce to make a sauce

Add a lil garlic and green onions if you like em

Experiment a lil till you find something you like.

Last edited:
Back