Pork Loin I need another Winner

QuietOne

Full Fledged Farker
The Brethren saved my butt after I opinioned that I could make better pulled pork on a rusty drum with the advice I hit a winner so big I'm making pulled pork every week it seems.

Once again as usual.... eating out having BBQ Pork Loin sorta Oriental at a eatery....

You guessed it I said "I can cook a loin better than that on a rusty drum." The retort once again has "been prove it."

I'm doing Loin chunks not whole as I couldn't get them. Pieces are from 2.1 to 2.6 Kg. (4.5lbs to 5.5lbs??) for 25 - 35 people. I figured 150 g per person and I picked up 3 pieces that total 6.8 kg. (15 lbs??) So I have enough meat to start with??? Should I get another loin piece?

Also having Chinese stuffed buns, spring rolls, Cowgirls pan bread, steamed cauliflower with cheese sauce, and a simple salad.

I need another home run recipe please help a guy out......

I do not do an oriental one, so not sure if this would work for this particular request. Though I do 3lb(or so) pork loins with a garlic/oregano salted crust, poked and stuff with cloves of garlic..and a fresh citrus/serrano/cilantro sauce. Smoked with my own pecan wood. The roasts are always so moist and juicy, and makes me drool just thinking about them.( I am funny that way) If interested in this one, I could share the details. Though won't be able to do so till later tonight. Just let me know. We have several GREAT Asian BBQ places around here, and I too would love a recipe similar to that.

pporkloin5-1.jpg

porkloin60.jpg

pporkloin51.jpg

I am looking for a more Oriental style BBQ for tomorrow

That said I'd love to have that recipe in my collection, dang that looks good!

I might do that instead if the timing is good.

I do not do an oriental one, so not sure if this would work for this particular request. Though I do 3lb(or so) pork loins with a garlic/oregano salted crust, poked and stuff with cloves of garlic..and a fresh citrus/serrano/cilantro sauce. Smoked with my own pecan wood. The roasts are always so moist and juicy, and makes me drool just thinking about them.( I am funny that way) If interested in this one, I could share the details. Though won't be able to do so till later tonight. Just let me know. We have several GREAT Asian BBQ places around here, and I too would love a recipe similar to that.

pporkloin5-1.jpg

porkloin60.jpg

pporkloin51.jpg

If you're willing I'd LOVE to hear how this is prepared! :becky:

Use soy, mirin, rice wine vinegar, sugar, honey, and hoisin sauce to make a sauce

Add a lil garlic and green onions if you like em

Experiment a lil till you find something you like.

Last edited:
Back