Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Pork in the Park, Salisbury MD

FYI for most trips (especially any long distance ones) I use the 'waze' app. It does live traffic adjustments, and generally gets me there faster than anything else. (And it is free.)

It's the scenic route, but what do you guys think about taking rt.20 up to I95 and around the south end? Google maps says it adds 20 minutes, but I'd imagine I would make it up if it's less traffic...?? What time does I95N slow down?

It's the scenic route, but what do you guys think about taking rt.20 up to I95 and around the south end? Google maps says it adds 20 minutes, but I'd imagine I would make it up if it's less traffic...?? What time does I95N slow down?
The south end is the way you want to go around 495 (across the Wilson Bridge) regardless of how you get to 495/95

Probably way more planning than necessary, but you may want to do a test run on Google maps or Waze this Friday and get a feel for traffic in the Northern VA area. It only takes one emergency pot hole repair crew or tire changer to back up traffic for MILES. Especially on a Friday. My humble opinion on your drive would be 64 to 95N to 301N.
Stop by our site for a beverage when you get in on Friday and tell us how it went.

Biting my tongue at the moment.. losing friends fast over the drama..tattletales will get theirs... YOU know who you are!!!

This forecast doesn't sound too bad.

Forecast
View Calendar 10-Day Forecast for station KMDSALIS2

Tuesday, 16
partlycloudy.gif

77 | 52 °F
Partly Cloudy
Chance of
Precipitation
10%

Wednesday, 17
partlycloudy.gif

81 | 48 °F
Thunderstorm
Chance of
Precipitation
20%

Thursday, 18
partlycloudy.gif

81 | 55 °F
Partly Cloudy
Chance of
Precipitation
10%

Friday, 19
cloudy.gif

82 | 48 °F
Fog
Chance of
Precipitation
0%

Saturday, 20
rain.gif

68 | 41 °F
Rain
Chance of

That is the historical average. The forecast disagrees. (Maybe they're wrong. Here's hoping.)

Friday: Mostly cloudy. A chance of showers in the afternoon. Breezy with highs in the mid 70s. Chance of rain 50 percent.

Friday Night: Cloudy. Showers and thunderstorms likely in the evening...then showers likely with a chance of thunderstorms after midnight. Breezy with lows in the lower 50s. Chance of rain 70 percent.

Saturday: Mostly cloudy. Showers likely...mainly in the morning. Highs in the lower 60s. Chance of rain 60 percent.

I’ll go with your forecast. It is funny. Three different posts-three different forecasts.

Attachments

• Salisbury.gif
    Salisbury.gif
    25.9 KB · Views: 85
Ok, so I am having anxiety attacks!

I know things might be different this year, but can anybody give their thoughts on the breakfast on Saturday morning? Is it really crowded? Decent food? Just wondering as I usually cook breakfast camping or at the only 2 comps we have been to. Do others rely on there own eats?

Next question: Turn ins. With 100 teams, it sure seems like there could be longggggggggg lines. More than 1 table to turn in at, I hope?

I am totally a rookie, so any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

wallace

Relax, breakfast is not bad, turn in lines in the past have not been bad either. You might find the lines are longer at breakfast than they are at the turn in tent.
Have fun and good luck!
see you there.
:grin:

Relax, breakfast is not bad, turn in lines in the past have not been bad either. You might find the lines are longer at breakfast than they are at the turn in tent.
Have fun and good luck!
see you there.
:grin:

Thanks! Good to hear. I'll plan on cooking our custom Sausage, Egg, Cheese "Egg-A-Muffin" just in case. I should have extra, so stop by if it gets too crowded.

We also do our own coffee, strong!

We will be the site that has a guy running around like the avatar shows; HEAD ON FIRE! :mrgreen:

BTW, purchased your book a few years back. Very good product! It really helped us. Your personal stories are too dog-gone funny and I can relate to them, 100%!

wallace

George is correct.. the breakfast line is longer than turn in lines.. they have a wide selection for breakfast..cereal , meat, eggs , fruit.. and all the coffee you can drink.see yall there

There might be some entertainment at 5pm tomorrow. Wallops is going to test-launch a private rocket for Orbital Sciences. (It is a "mass simulator" - steel weight - and some cellphone based microsats.)

It should be visible from NC through the southern tip of Maine. PitP is only about 30 miles north, should be quite a show.

Looks like we'll be stuck in the cook's meeting, but I'm planning to sneak out. Not often you get a large rocket launch up the street :)

There might be some entertainment at 5pm tomorrow. Wallops is going to test-launch a private rocket for Orbital Sciences. (It is a "mass simulator" - steel weight - and some cellphone based microsats.)

It should be visible from NC through the southern tip of Maine. PitP is only about 30 miles north, should be quite a show.

Looks like we'll be stuck in the cook's meeting, but I'm planning to sneak out. Not often you get a large rocket launch up the street :)

Sounds cool. Hope the weather is good.

wallace

We will be on the other side of the turn in table for this one. Flavor of Rub BBQ Crew will be in the judging tent.

Back