THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I have a Brazos on the way to NJ. Ordered it 3/28. I'll report back when it arrives. I'm curious to see how this works out myself.

I had a pool table delivered once and they drove a tractor trailer down my suburban NJ street. It was a hell of a sight.

Well.?

Should I start a new thread as to not hijack this one? The Brazos comes tomorrow to make a long story short, but should I elaborate here or start a new one?

Mine comes today between 2 & 7 :clap2: So do these need a tuning plate? How will it cook without?

They will be 75-100* difference end to end without anything. Just cook in the middle. 2 cheap cookie trays with a disposable pan of water on top, under the grate on firebox side can get you down to 25* difference end to end.

They will be 75-100* difference end to end without anything. Just cook in the middle. 2 cheap cookie trays with a disposable pan of water on top, under the grate on firebox side can get you down to 25* difference end to end.

Thanks! It arrived just after 7 last night! Going to burn it out tonight.

Attachments

It just Depends on your needs. No hotspots and more grate space but if you don't need the extra grate space the Pecos runs well with a convection plate.

Do you have any pics or can find any with a Wrangler using tuning plates or a convection plate? I curious which buy or if I should just start looking for a long pit before spending money.

Do you have any pics or can find any with a Wrangler using tuning plates or a convection plate? I curious which buy or if I should just start looking for a long pit before spending money.

one fellar used the fire grate then used the grilling grate for fire grate. others just cut 1/8' or 3/16' plate into 4' wide strips and use 2-3-4 of them. diferent meats/loads required different gaps.......

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=173974

the 4 or 5 times I cooked on one (a buddies but he got a bigger used no name pit now) I just rotated the meat a few times and switched butt n brisket left to right then later right to left etc....

Back