THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

lunchman

is One Chatty Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Dom
It's been a while since I've made pizza out on the grill. I'm cheating with store bought dough but trying out some different toppings: sweet potato, chicken thigh meat, bacon, red pepper. Ricotta and Mozzarella. No tomato sauce. These were supposed to have asparagus as a topping also, but they weren't as fresh as I would have liked so they got tossed.

Early afternoon. Prep the toppings.

Can't go wrong with bacon on the Blackstone -

k1b22Pf.jpg

Over on the Goldens', the sweet potatoes, chicken and red peppers get going -

AmUThyE.jpg

syoWMQI.jpg

Temps yesterday soared in my backyard to over 100! Grilling goes on no matter what -

vEnkTb8.jpg

Not the prettiest or the most perfectly shaped pizza but it's on the grill -

AXkjyMT.jpg

And just as it was time to take it off, the thunderstorms rolled through with lightning and torrential downpours. Oh well, getting wet is sometimes part of cooking outdoors. I had no choice but to take these off when they were ready and get soaked -

vYM2FZg.jpg

For a pizza that fought me as I was making it, this turned out quite decent. Chicken, bacon, sweet potato, red pepper, EVOO, ricotta and mozzarella. Surprisingly, a tasty combo of toppings -

nFfR7xG.jpg

cpERHN5.jpg

My wife's pizza looked pretty much the same minus the sweet potato. And the torrential rain.

Not as many pics as I would have liked, but trying to take pics and deal with torrential downpours weren't top priority on my list.

Thanks for checking out this post.

Regards,
-lunchman

Well I just figured out a vacation spot. Your place :-D Really nice back yard and deck not taking anything away from that wonderful pizza though. Enjoy!

Looks fantastic!

My daughter's favorite mom and pop delivery place will sell large dough balls for $4...fresh, never frozen...I just have to get the pizza stone and peel set up in the Yoder and give it a shot...

I absolutely love sweet potatoes, never heard of (or imagined) them on pizza, but I'm game. I love the uniqueness and creativity of it, no storm can dampen that dinner! Very nice.

Back