THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Free Mr. Tony

is Blowin Smoke!
This was a low yeast, long rise dough. Bulk risen, then into different size balls, and into the fridge for 48 hours or so. It was a 1:1:1 ratio of 00, bread, and high gluten flour. It turned out great. Nice and strong from the bread and high gluten flour, and pillow soft from the 00.

Started out the day drying some of the wetter ingredients at 200 in the oven. Keeps excess moisture off the pies.

All the ingredients ready to go.

I made two pies in the Blackstone, one in the oven, and also a sausage roll in the oven.
Here the first one is in the Blackstone after just a minute or so. It took on a really nice color. About 600 bottom stone temp.

Pillow soft interior

Bottom very even char

This one I was going for a similar type from a local pizzeria. Stretched thin on a pan, and cooked on the stone in the pan in the 500 degree oven.

Half BBQ sauce, Ham, pineapple, and bacon. Other half pepperoni, mushroom, homemade sausage, and onion.

Sausage roll with sliced mozzarella, a pile of sausage, light sauce, and shredded mozzarella.

Everything was delicious, and I think I'll go with this flour ratio for awhile. It's a nice mixture of structure and texture.

Tony, that looks absolutely killer.

Looks like you've got a great dough recipe, and Blackstone should be calling any minute now to use your post and pictures in an advert!

Our friend from Michigan said it right.... and the sausage roll would put a hurting on me in return!

Have a great weekend!

Tony, that looks absolutely killer.

Looks like you've got a great dough recipe, and Blackstone should be calling any minute now to use your post and pictures in an advert!

Our friend from Michigan said it right.... and the sausage roll would put a hurting on me in return!

Have a great weekend!

The pan one and sausage roll is a Lexys/riverbend copycat. I assume you've been there at some point? I think there is good quality pizza, and then there is good junk pizza. In the most complimentary way, Lexys is my favorite junk pizza. Cheap greasy cheese piled over cheap pepperonis. Sometimes that just hits the spot.

The pan one and sausage roll is a Lexys/riverbend copycat. I assume you've been there at some point? I think there is good quality pizza, and then there is good junk pizza. In the most complimentary way, Lexys is my favorite junk pizza. Cheap greasy cheese piled over cheap pepperonis. Sometimes that just hits the spot.

No... TBH, I've not been to Lexys/Riverbend... Sounds interesting / tasty.

I can count on one hand the number of times I've had pizza in The Fort. One of those (on State, near ParkView) is no longer in business.

I hear ya' on the junk pie... sometimes that's just what you need.

You folks continue to make me want to buy a Blackstone Pizza Oven... Sheesh...

Back