THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Now THAT is pure pron!

5P34joTh.jpg

Gotta little carried away and had a few too many last night but managed to snap some pics. :becky:

The lollipops went fast :shock: They were really good

g66Q4Gch.jpg

zXhLzSph.jpg

fgApSfjh.jpg

Ribs were nice and moist even after holding for a while

qQ2nzjch.jpg

ZfHTYIVh.jpg

Crispy arse wangs on the gasser. Soooo good

KqWjEBkh.jpg

No pics of the fatty but it disappeared pretty fast also

Did you wrap it last time? I don't really look at the final internal temp anymore because it makes me over think things. I do know that the shorter the total cook time the higher the final done temperature. I usually shoot for 5 hours and the probe usually reads 211-213. If I stretch the cook out at a lower temp to say 7-8 hours it is usually reads 202-207 when done.

Yep. I wrapped it last time too.

Couple of things. First, when you say overcooked and dry...was it crumbling and failing apart when you cut it? If not it was likely undercooked. Second...I stopped using the beef broth as a wrapping liquid. Imho it gives the brisket more of a pot roast taste. If you are wrapping in butcher paper you shouldn't need to add liquid to keep it moist.

Third...and you already know. Probe tender...not a certain temp.

Yea, it was overcooked. the lean part would break after slicing. And I think you are right about the beef broth. I couldn't quite place the flavor of the brisket, I just knew it didn't taste like brisket.

After obsessing about it, I think I screwed up because it was getting late and I tried to hurry it up in the oven. By the time the internal temp. had gotten to where I wanted, the meat was over cooked. Next time I will cook it a little higher temp. and try to leave it alone.

Thanks for the responses. My best to our Florida brethren and hope the best for you in light of the upcoming storm. We were lucky, many weren't around here.

Texas Big Boy

TBB- I second not using the beef broth as it leads to the pot roast flavor. I don't use any wrapping juice and there are no issues, although I'm using foil.

Sako- You are just crushing it out there, per usual! Amazing looking stuff.

I fired up the PBC for the first time in a few weeks at my new place. Decided on a full packer (12 lb) and some pork belly burnt ends with the latter being a first time for me. Got my first order of Oakridge in last week so I used the Black Ops on the brisket and Dominator on the pork belly. Also did some wings with their jerk seasoning but didn't take any pics.

I think this is the best tasting brisket I've done yet! Excellent rub. Was in the PBC for 7 hours. Wrapped in foil and into the oven for an hour and a half then pulled and held for another hour and a half.

PB burnt ends were good but I didn't have room to cube while in the PBC so I had to just lay them in there in big strips. If I make them again, I'd like to devote the entire PBC to them and really do them right. That being said, it is pork belly with added fat and sugar so it still worked out.

I even got the Blackstone going for the first time in ages. Tacos were fantastic and I've got the griddle bug again.

Attachments

Last edited:
Welcome back Sako. Looking good! Did some delicious beef short ribs on the PBC today but was too lazy to take pics. Also was the maiden voyage for my Thermoworks Smoke. Was very accurate and the range worked well for me. Reached the man cave so that was really all that mattered.

Thanks Bob! Good to be back. Yet to try short ribs on any cooker. Oddly I'm not a huge fan of them. Nothing but rave reviews on the Smoke so not surprised on the range. I would've bought one from Thermoworks in a heartbeat given their reputation and product but I've already got a CyberQ wifi, a Maverick that is die hard and waiting for my Meater "Not cheater" block. I don't even use them anymore either. :-D

My eyes are in meat-coma.

Thanks Thingfish! My buddy's exact words last night were "I'm in meat heaven"

TBB- I second not using the beef broth as it leads to the pot roast flavor. I don't use any wrapping juice and there are no issues, although I'm using foil.

Sako- You are just crushing it out there, per usual! Amazing looking stuff.

I fired up the PBC for the first time in a few weeks at my new place. Decided on a full packer (12 lb) and some pork belly burnt ends with the latter being a first time for me. Got my first order of Oakridge in last week so I used the Black Ops on the brisket and Dominator on the pork belly. Also did some wings with their jerk seasoning but didn't take any pics.

I think this is the best tasting brisket I've done yet! Excellent rub. Was in the PBC for 7 hours. Wrapped in foil and into the oven for an hour and a half then pulled and held for another hour and a half.

PB burnt ends were good but I didn't have room to cube while in the PBC so I had to just lay them in there in big strips. If I make them again, I'd like to devote the entire PBC to them and really do them right. That being said, it is pork belly with added fat and sugar so it still worked out.

I even got the Blackstone going for the first time in ages. Tacos were fantastic and I've got the griddle bug again.

Starting off with a bang at the new place BK. :thumb: Great looking grub and reminds me that it's time for pork burnt ends. Great looking grub.

What started as a small get together has increased to at least 8 people. Hot wings were on the menu and this will be my first go at wings so I'm wondering if I can fit enough on the grill rack to feed everyone. Any advice from everyone who has done wings on the PBC?

You're going to have to cut the wings into sections to maximize the small surface area, unless you have wing racks.

"What started as a small get together has increased to at least 8 people. Hot wings were on the menu and this will be my first go at wings so I'm wondering if I can fit enough on the grill rack to feed everyone. Any advice from everyone who has done wings on the PBC?"

What started as a small get together has increased to at least 8 people. Hot wings were on the menu and this will be my first go at wings so I'm wondering if I can fit enough on the grill rack to feed everyone. Any advice from everyone who has done wings on the PBC?

Many pages ago, I and a few others did a bunch of wings by hanging them on the large Steve Raichlen metal skewers (I use metal binder clips to keep them from sliding off). On 6 skewers, I was able to get a full 20lbs bag of the frozen Costco wings done in one batch.... If you don't have skewers like that, you'll have to do them in batches like on the PBC website recipe. Good luck!

I cut notches in the handle of the cheap walmart grill baskets and hang them vertically from the rods. I could literally cook 200+ wings :)

I knew I could count on this thread for quick help; thanks everyone! I've been reading a wide range of cook times, how long should I expect?

Was going to do straight pulled beef for the first time but Costco didn't have one big piece but rather three smaller pieces. Decided to do the pepper beef thing. Didn't have beer so used Dr. Pepper instead. Turned out real nice.

Attachments

I built an UDS but I'm starting to wish I had just gotten the PBC instead. I didn't save all that much in the long run, and mine looks like crap, lol. Oh well, at least it works.

I am a new covert to the PBC family. Got mine last Saturday.

No pit master am I but I was thrilled with the results of my first run on Sunday! :clap2:

Gonna do a chicken or turkey next weekend! :thumb:

Attachments

Back