THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I did a chicken the other day, so why not post pics (sorry, didn't post it in the PBC).

sYa83qd

sYa83qd.jpg
viP5CNp.jpg

viP5CNp
sYa83qd

Question: How much hotter does the PBC run without the rods? In the PBC hot wing video it doesn't appear they use the rods. Wondering how much higher the temp runs like that. Thanks!

Question: How much hotter does the PBC run without the rods? In the PBC hot wing video it doesn't appear they use the rods. Wondering how much higher the temp runs like that. Thanks!

Mine will run about 20deg per rod , but I would think there is a variable of how hot your set up to cook with the rods in

First cook a resounding success! Skinless/boneless chicken thighs and baby backs. The thighs were quite possibly the best I've ever had and only involved a 3 hour zesty Italian marinade, some Plowboys rub, and a little BBQ sauce in the last 10 minutes. Took about an hour.

Ribs were rubbed with Kosmos Killer Bee and smoked for 3hrs 15min. Then sauced and back in for another 30 min. Came out awesome and was SO easy compared to my Jim Bowie!

Next test is Monday. Having friends over and doing a mess of wings. Figure I'll run it with the rods out all the way through the cook. If they need to crisp up a bit at the end, I'll crack the lid. Doing the Hooters Daytona Wings from Wolfpit.

Super impressed thus far. If it can handle the wings well, I'm selling the JB!

First cook a resounding success! Skinless/boneless chicken thighs and baby backs. The thighs were quite possibly the best I've ever had and only involved a 3 hour zesty Italian marinade, some Plowboys rub, and a little BBQ sauce in the last 10 minutes. Took about an hour.

Ribs were rubbed with Kosmos Killer Bee and smoked for 3hrs 15min. Then sauced and back in for another 30 min. Came out awesome and was SO easy compared to my Jim Bowie!

Next test is Monday. Having friends over and doing a mess of wings. Figure I'll run it with the rods out all the way through the cook. If they need to crisp up a bit at the end, I'll crack the lid. Doing the Hooters Daytona Wings from Wolfpit.

Super impressed thus far. If it can handle the wings well, I'm selling the JB!

We weren't BSing. :becky: Great to hear you had an awesome first cook. Chicken is always killer in the PBC and some people buy them as their chicken cooker. Rest assured your wings will be killer.

Congrats again!

With one of the rods pulled and the lid on tight my PBC runs a max of 350 when using the PartyQ. Haven't tried with both rods pulled although I will the next time I cook some chicken wings

just got a rib eye roast on sale. never had one. its about 5 pounds. should i cut it into steaks? i think cooking the whole thing on the pbc would leave leftovers.

Nothin special, just some wings for the game........Boooomer! SOOOONER!

:thumb::becky:

Edit: a rare time I don't monitor temps.....I'll be putting ribs on later. A temp probe will be used for that cook....lol

Attachments

Last edited:
PBC is settled in around 280. Ribs on! I'm doing full untrimmed spares. I double hooked because that's the only thing I've ever had fall in the PBC.....untrimmed spares.

Attachments

Back