Just wanted to let you all know that I just placed my order for a PBC! IF all goes well, the GMG Jim Bowie will go on Craigslist. Thanks for answering my questions a week or two back. Can wait for it to get here!

You won't be disappointed!

Just wanted to let you all know that I just placed my order for a PBC! IF all goes well, the GMG Jim Bowie will go on Craigslist. Thanks for answering my questions a week or two back. Can wait for it to get here!

Welcome!:clap:

That's all you got? LOL! Waiting for pics.

:becky:

Doing it a bit different today and using my skewers. :wink: Trying to keep the total cook time under 1 hr for all of the above.

In the meantime a teaser, dry aged this bad boy myself

N1uWAk8h.jpg
[/url]

Had family over and needed to smoke again. 5 chicken quarters, 2 pork loins, & then 2 fatties after the first round came off. This time I cracked the lid the last 20 minutes and the skin was nice & crisp. I need to invest in more rubs.

I've realized in my next life I want to come back as Sako, or at least a family dog that eats the scraps....

Dude, you had me laughing my arse off :pound: Anytime you guys are out here. No need to reincarnate. :biggrin1:

Mission is 1 hour or less for today's cook:

Belly and teriyaki tenderloin

g91d28fh.jpg

Teriyaki chicken

isfQM5Jh.jpg

"The" Chop :nod:

DWFU0fdh.jpg

Of course the baby backs and locked and loaded with the first time using my hinged grate

RNtLvVEh.jpg

And now we wait. Cheers to my PBC brethren!

nWXsZmSh.jpg

Oh yeah, roasted some veggies as well. Gotta have your veggies. :becky: Right on the 1 hour mark baby!!!!! PBC FTW!

ey0kpAFh.jpg

Of course the appetizer cowboy chop was destroyed :nod:

4cT7cylh.jpg

Rest of the food about ready to come off

vK3cQDRh.jpg

mjrbQTuh.jpg

10N4dn5h.jpg

Chicken

bNdm6TZh.jpg

Plated

8Q6Jj0ph.jpg

Crispy arse belly pieces

zpJHJLxh.jpg

ADglvNOh.jpg

Bite trough rib, check (keep in mind this all was done in 1 hour if that)

LEIMGAhh.jpg

Dinner was good

lpVyBT8h.jpg

Gotta run to the guests now :becky:

What's the story with those ribs? What did you do and how did you do it???

As I mentioned in my above post, I wanted a quick meal with max cook time of an hour. Idea is to cut meats into kabob sized pieces and when it comes to ribs, same concept, separated into individual ribs which in turn reduces your cook time significantly. I seasoned with salt, pepper, paprika, chopped onions (natural tenderizer) and let it marinate for 4 hours in the fridge. You can just season the ribs as you usually do and you'll have the same results. Just cut them into individual ribs. That's all.

With the exception of the steak but we all know steaks cook up pretty fast regardless of thickness.

As I mentioned in my above post, I wanted a quick meal with max cook time of an hour. Idea is to cut meats into kabob sized pieces and when it comes to ribs, same concept, separated into individual ribs which in turn reduces your cook time significantly. I seasoned with salt, pepper, paprika, chopped onions (natural tenderizer) and let it marinate for 4 hours in the fridge. You can just season the ribs as you usually do and you'll have the same results. Just cut them into individual ribs. That's all.

With the exception of the steak but we all know steaks cook up pretty fast regardless of thickness.

How were the ribs? How do they compare to a normal rib cook? Kinda interested in trying this for the fun of it.

Back