Sooooooo I finally made that 6lb brisket and the family frigging loved it. I thought it was dryer than it should be. but everyone else disagreed. It was super tender. I didnt realize how juicy it was until i reheated it today and the juice poured out of if. It tasted amazing. i def have to get more of the beef and game rub from the company. I was worried it was going to come out bad because i always read about the stall the stall the stall.... and yeah this flat powered right through it. I monitored it with my igrill the whole times. probably 3 hours hanging and another hour and a half on the grate wrapped in foil. def will try to buy some butcher paper next time, i understand very well now about mushing up the bark. Outside of that. It was frigging great! Thanks to you all in here with pics and posting and answering questions. i was extremely intimidated into not trying it, Im so glad i did now. Smoked i with some small chunks of apple wood. Just enough smoke to make it perfect.

Glad it came out awesome! If there is one cooker that takes out the intimidation factor it's the PBC. When in doubt, jump in feet first. :becky: At least that's my philosophy.

Agree on the beef and game. Love that rub.

I spoke with Noah today and he is willing to donate prizes for the winner if we can pull off this PBC cook-off. He was very open to the idea and is even willing to give more than I expected. We haven't worked out exactly what the prize(s) will be yet but will as long as it looks like I can pull off figuring out how to get it all started.....where to create the thread, rules, talley votes, ect, we'll have some PBC related prizes (accessories, rub, ect).

I'm shooting for starting it next Friday and going through the following weekend. 14-23 May. We will see.

I will not participate since I'm putting it together (poor form in my opinion) but I'm curious how many of you would participate if we did this?

Thanks!

You can count me in as well!

posted as a thread...but thought might be of interest here. Poultry...Did it all hot. I fired up a full chimney of lump with cherry wood and left the lid cracked for whole cook till breasts hit 170 or so (overshot a tad). Only took 45 minutes. Chicken seasoned comp pork n chicken. Wings with straight HDD. For those not in the know....these are not standard PBC practices, but dang if everything didn't come out just great in half the time anyhow!:biggrin1:
89wxbqvl.jpg

B32nya7l.jpg

So if you are ever in a bit of a hurry....this worked.

I will not participate since I'm putting it together (poor form in my opinion) but I'm curious how many of you would participate if we did this?

Thanks!
I will participate! I haven't used my PBC yet this year while working on my New Year's resolution (lose weight). The weight loss is complete and I'm ready to roll!

Had some family over for Mothers Day. Cooked some baby backs and some bone-in breasts and chicken quarters. I also bbq some corn and veggies. Everything turned out great. I dry rubbed everything as one of my nieces doesn't like BBQ sauce, so I made her a Carolina mop sauce that she loved. I call it Courtney's Carolina Mop Sauce.

Here's the album. I have to take better consideration of my process and picture taking ;-(

Mothers Day Cook

I will probably start the cook-off on Friday (14 May). I'll do it just like the Throwdowns and probably use their rules along with one or two extras such as primary food must be cooked in the PBC. I'll start a "Entry" thread in Qtalk. Then after a week or so (I'm thinking 23 May but that will be clearly stated) I'll start a "Vote" poll with the name and picture of entry. Probably run that for 5-7 days (again it'll be in the rules) then declare a winner.

Hopefully it'll go off smoothly. :-D

I'd like to have 5-10 participants. I think as of now I've had 5 people say they will participate so that's good. Hopefully a few more will..

Pbc

Anyone know if PBC ever does promos? Looking at buying the whole enchilada at once and it all adds up quick. Figured with Memorial or Father's Day maybe some better deals??

Anyone know if PBC ever does promos? Looking at buying the whole enchilada at once and it all adds up quick. Figured with Memorial or Father's Day maybe some better deals??
There were some deals early in PBC history, but I haven't seen any for a few years. They are selling all they can build as it is.

no not really. i havent seen any in the last 2 years. they may ave an accessory kit deal but not anything with the barrel.

Have any of you PBC owners cooked a brisket on the PBC and did not wrap it during the cook and only during the resting stage? Or just not wrapped period? If so how did it turn out?

If it helps I bought my first one for maybe $225 when they first came out , but since then I bought another with a cover , hinged grate and ash catcher so I could have 2 and spent almost $400.
It's worth it , you won't regret it.

I will probably start the cook-off on Friday (14 May). I'll do it just like the Throwdowns and probably use their rules along with one or two extras such as primary food must be cooked in the PBC. I'll start a "Entry" thread in Qtalk. Then after a week or so (I'm thinking 23 May but that will be clearly stated) I'll start a "Vote" poll with the name and picture of entry. Probably run that for 5-7 days (again it'll be in the rules) then declare a winner.

Hopefully it'll go off smoothly. :-D

I'd like to have 5-10 participants. I think as of now I've had 5 people say they will participate so that's good. Hopefully a few more will..

I'm ready to roll. I think we can easily have 10 participants Andrew. Plenty of us on here with PBC's now.

Oh and I think you should participate also. :nod:

Have any of you PBC owners cooked a brisket on the PBC and did not wrap it during the cook and only during the resting stage? Or just not wrapped period? If so how did it turn out?

Not in the PBC but my last cook on my stick burner was the first time I did a no-wrap brisket. Probed tender, bark was spot on, rested but just wasn't good as the wrapped ones I did. I won't do that again on an unforgiving cut such as the brisket. Wrapping helps unless you're using the crock pot of something.:-D

Not in the PBC but my last cook on my stick burner was the first time I did a no-wrap brisket. Probed tender, bark was spot on, rested but just wasn't good as the wrapped ones I did. I won't do that again on an unforgiving cut such as the brisket. Wrapping helps unless you're using the crock pot of something.:-D

Do you think it makes a difference whether you wrap in foil or butcher paper?

I'm ready to roll. I think we can easily have 10 participants Andrew. Plenty of us on here with PBC's now.

Oh and I think you should participate also. :nod:
I agree Andrew - also, though it would be a cook-off with prizes, I think everyone should participate regardless of the fanciness of their cook, just to celebrate the thread anniversary!

Back