That chicken looks great Chowdown!! Excellent first cook!

ssv3 - that totally caused a Pavlovian response. Wow! Simply amazing! What do you call that?

Andrew, I hung it simple because I was being lazy and not planning properly. I already had some ribs and chicken hanging. I used the butcher twine thinking that until this thing firms up the twine will prevent any disasters. Last time I checked looks like one side slipped a little but the other was firm. Haven't checked in a while yet but when I do I will snap a photo (assuming disaster hasn't struck!)

:heh::heh:

pyaEVT0h.png

xBnxxZYh.png

FWqH5hDh.png

ba9q9PLh.png

KYKAkD9h.png

0xSD2WJh.png

DeOC8RAh.png

y4FbO0Dh.png

6gBT4Rbh.png

What in tha smoked, rotisseried, fried, cheesy, bacon wrapped :faint2:

I think I passed out! :shocked:

Lol....that's awesome Sako!

Here's a couple finished pics......everything was awesome as usual!

Attachments

• 20160430_190630.jpg
    20160430_190630.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 166
  • 20160430_190640.jpg
    20160430_190640.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 164
That chicken looks great Chowdown!! Excellent first cook!

ssv3 - that totally caused a Pavlovian response. Wow! Simply amazing! What do you call that?

Andrew, I hung it simple because I was being lazy and not planning properly. I already had some ribs and chicken hanging. I used the butcher twine thinking that until this thing firms up the twine will prevent any disasters. Last time I checked looks like one side slipped a little but the other was firm. Haven't checked in a while yet but when I do I will snap a photo (assuming disaster hasn't struck!)

Thanks John! Geez, don't know what to call it. Reverse fatty, Fatty roulade...:grin:

Here's the cook link

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=229425

So I used to hang my briskets and now use the grate. The last one I did was on Wednesday. Forgot my charcoal got a little damp again :mad:. So after about 5 hours I added a new chimney of dry coals. At 9 hours in it just held at 155. So I pulled it and put it in a pan and into a 225 degree oven. It hit 203 at 130 am. I got up and let it rest for about 10 min. then wrapped in foil and into a Styrofoam chest wrapped in towels. When I got up at 7 am I opened it up; it was still hot and the brisket was the best I've done. I will post pics later this week.

I really like this cooker!

Great Sunday fellow brethren. Hope your day goes well. Lit the fire at 8:35 and proceeded to get my meat ready. Hanging my last shoulder and last 2 racks of ribs from last years hog. Just picked up 237 lbs of fresh hog meat yesterday so next ribs and shoulder will be really fresh.

Using Andrews method of lighting again and temp settled in around 260 using 38 lit coals and with meat added it dropped to 218 but has started its climb back up. Adjusted the vent to be more like 1/4 open since I have changed my way of getting things going and will see what the temps settle in at about an hour in. I can see I really need the split grate since I had planed to cook the shoulder until I was ready to hang the ribs so I could get them both done at about the same time but alas guess I will pull the ribs when ready and wrap in foil and a towel and set in a cooler under the shoulder is ready. Kids both work today and wife has a baby shower so no one will be here until well after everything is ready anyway.

Will get pics when things are all done.

Last edited:
At 11:00 temps running between 270 and 275. Kind of windy here today so that is playing a big part in the temp fluctuations. Really happy with the way this cook is running so far.

Been conifer ing getting a Lone Star Grillz vertical insulated smoker for more capacity but now I may save the money for food and just get another PBC. Most I will most likely every cook for is 15 to 20 people so 4 butt or 16 racks of ribs should be plenty. Even could do 4 brisket if I wanted.

What's y'all thoughts on this?

At 11:00 temps running between 270 and 275. Kind of windy here today so that is playing a big part in the temp fluctuations. Really happy with the way this cook is running so far.

Been conifer ing getting a Lone Star Grillz vertical insulated smoker for more capacity but now I may save the money for food and just get another PBC. Most I will most likely every cook for is 15 to 20 people so 4 butt or 16 racks of ribs should be plenty. Even could do 4 brisket if I wanted.

What's y'all thoughts on this?

I would never talk someone out of a PBC and I agree 2 PBC's would definitely meet your needs. But I personally like having different styles of cookers just to have variety.

I would never talk someone out of a PBC and I agree 2 PBC's would definitely meet your needs. But I personally like having different styles of cookers just to have variety.

+1

Love my PBC to death as you all know but I also like variety. On the other hand huge price difference between the two so it's a personal call. Obviously you know it going in and I can tell you that you'll love the LSG cabinet. I have the LSG vertical offset and fit, finish, performance are second to none.

Back