THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looks like a great time!

Smitty, is there a recipe laying around somewhere for that meatloaf?!?!? :clap2:

5 lbs 80/20 Ground Chuck. 1.5-2 lbs of Earl Campbell’s Smoked Sausage Chopped. 5 eggs. 1 large white onion diced. 3 Bell Peppers Diced. 1 sleeve of Saltine crackers crumbled. 1/2-3/4 bottle of A-1 sauce. 20 or so Shakes of Cavendars Greek Seasoning ( shake n mix shake n mix till you can smell the Cavendars in it.). 1 16 Oz package of shredded multi blend cheese.
Glaze last 20 minutes with 50/50 Ketchup/A1 mix........ :wink:

Last edited:
This was my fourth Texas Batch. They really are one of the most satisfying and fun things you can do if you are into backyard BBQ'ing. The food is amazing but being around the wonderful folks you chat with on the BBQ Brethren site and putting a face to those profile names is the best part.

To those who have not attended the Texas Bash or a Bash in your own neck of the woods...get off your rear end and go!

Hotch... thanks to you and Shelly as always for your wonderful organizational skills for putting the shindig on to so much success. Not going to specifically mentioned all of the wonderful food that was prepared there because I would leave someone out but you know who you are. :clap2:

Such a pleasure to meet everyone at the Bash. Hotch, thanks for the invitation to meet some great people and enjoy some great Q. And thanks to all the Brethren that treated me like one of their own. And a special thanks to Smitty who did his due diligence to convert that poor vegaterian that wandered upon the Bash. :-D

This was my first Bash, but I certainly felt at home. The food was incredible, but the company was better. If you've never been to a Bash, please do yourself a favor- find one, and go. I had never met any of these folks, and a few of them I'd never even seen on here, but I still felt like I was walking into a gathering of old friends... Well, ok, I didn't WALK, but you know what I mean.

Thanks again, Hotcb, for all you did, and do. God bless the Brethren!

Y’all are doing a fall Bash at Belton, RIGHT? Dates?
Yes we are! Paul will be working on the dates and let everyone know.
It is typically somewhere between mid October and early November. :mrgreen:

(Notice the Signup Sheet Link in my signature!!)

Nice Bashing, y'all! :clap2:

Getting to a TX Bash is very high on my list of things I wanna do - soon! It's pretty cheap to fly between LAX and DFW so hopefully the stars will line up in the next year or 2 so I can come out for some great eats with some cool folks. :hungry:

And I'll echo what's already been said - any farkers who have a chance to get to a Bash - don't even think about it - just do it. I guaranfarkintee you'll be glad you did.

Here's a pic of me (wearing black Brethren shirt), Mike (Toast) and Dan (chambersuac).

1njcq3Y.jpg

Back