THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thanks Toast! All are always welcome. Hope to get some more attendees this year! Last two years we had eight plus wives! Hope we can get double digits this year!

Mark my word I'm going to make it to Texas one of these days! Them cowboys do throw a great bash!

Buddy, Carolina is my 2nd home. Hope to make it in 2019, Now let's get Patattack and Joe Black off their Azzes. I've got the Cabo covered. :cool:

Dennis, was talking to Mike about the Carolina bash and I hope to also attend in the future. Looks like y'all had a great time last year!

On my way to greater Atlanta... looks like I will be near a whole new set of Brethren.

Bless you my friend.I have been to Atlanta.If I had a son in Hell and one in Atlanta,I would rescue the one OUT of Atlanta first.I hope you will be WAYYYYY out in the 'burbs!!!!

I spent 9 months there once, never again. It sure paid well but, not enough. You can't take it with you when you die and, well, ... Atlanta ... I'd rather be poor somewhere else rather than rich in Atlanta (or Los Angeles). 3 1/2 hours to travel 2 miles one day after work to my hotel ... :mad: though normally only 1 1/2 hours (I refused to walk to work on the shoulder of the road like many people I saw)! They never understood why I didn't take them up on their offer of permanent employment either!

Czarbecue, best wishes on your move. Moving from where you live (or lived) now in the DFW area to Atlanta 'might' not be as harsh as my transition to Atlanta so hopefully no surprises when you get there!

Well we had another successful Texas BBQ Brethren Bash!! :clap2:
Shelly and I want to give you guys our heartfelt thanks for making this Bash such a wonderful event. We along with Kelley, Bruce, Charlotte and Richard, were talking at breakfast Sunday morning about how much fun, excellent Q/grub along with great fellowship was had all day. We had some new Brethren attend, a few locals enjoying the day from the park and Ranger Rick. A very nice guy who just happened to put putting on a kayak class right next to us at the Bash.
The weather was great, the Park was amazing and for those that came in early I hope you got to see all the deer out forging for their breakfast as you drove in.
We are grateful for the support this year of a great friend of mine, Tom from the Ceramic Grill Store in Denton an amazing guy and Dan Arnold of Suckle Busters in Coppell. His Rubs are AMAZING! :thumb:
From all of us at The Texas BBQ Brethren Bash thanks for your support.
I had a great time seeing all of you and wish I could have spent more time just hanging out but this was my first time cooking and serving like this on my Shirley.
And I must say to Paul and Tyler thank you for the best cooker I have ever had! What an amazing piece of engineering! I only used 9 sticks all day cooking in both the Main and Warmer.
So guys we hope to see all again in the Fall of 2018 when it will be Paul's turn to host the 2018 Texas BBQ Brethren Fall Bash at Belton lake.

Below are the pics I took when I did get a chance to walk around and visit.
Please enjoy and thanks for looking! :mrgreen:

Spring_Bash_PAVILION.jpg

IMG_0752.jpg

IMG_0753.jpg

IMG_0756.jpg

IMG_0757.jpg

IMG_0759.jpg

IMG_0763.jpg

IMG_0765.jpg

IMG_0766.jpg

IMG_0767.jpg

IMG_0768.jpg

Ranger Rick

IMG_0769.jpg

IMG_0770.jpg

IMG_0771.jpg

My great Wife Shelly and Ranger Rick

IMG_0772.jpg

My great Brethren friend Jay, aka Ag76

IMG_0773.jpg

IMG_0774.jpg

IMG_0775.jpg

IMG_0779.jpg

IMG_0783.jpg

IMG_0781.jpg

IMG_0778.jpg

I hope everyone had a great time at the Bash this Spring and we will see you at the next one!! :mrgreen:

Shelly and I were trying to keep a running count on attendance at the Spring Bash.
With all of us, a few Park Employees and the people that were at the Park to enjoy a great day we believe we were about 48-51. Shelly mentioned the two guys that came over to see what we were doing and stayed for a bit tasting everything. They had high praise for both the Brethren and EggHeads. As they were leaving to go back and join their families one had told her " I feel guilty now because we have to go and cook just burgers and hotdogs for the family!" :mrgreen:

Wish I could of made it! Looks like a great time. Belton is right down the road for the fall.

Back