THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thread Revival!

Should've reread your comments above before firing up the stove, but I just packed 2 quarts and a pint of Marubozo's pickles with the full salt content. For some reason, there's no fresh dill and no decent chillies to be found on this island, so I had to opt for the packaged/ground stuff and red pepper flakes... and hope they turn out.

IMG_0953_zps35c3a4fc.jpg

IMG_0955_zps44b07767.jpg

IMG_0958_zpsa1f02c22.jpg

I can't imagine that 24 hours is enough time to let these kids soak before they're all that tasty. I usually give my other pickles 2-3 weeks before I dare crack open a jar.

Anyone else have recent luck with the recipe or slight tweaks?

Kind regards,
ShadowDriver

This is the only pickle recipe I have tried but I can't see any other being better or easier.to make. 24 hours is enough time. Made several batches over the past 6 months, but cut the salt in half. Great recipe and every pickle eater I know loves them. Next growing season I will put in a couple of cuke vines just because of this recipe.

The recipe also works great for green tomatoes if you can find them. The only think I hate is if I accidentally eat a coriander seed. Yuck! Great recipe for sure, I think it works great on any type of cucumber.

Back