Phosphate Ban

Here's a source I'd trust more:
http://www.m.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/food-additives/20150723/phosphates-food

"There is accumulating evidence that both the high intakes and the poor balance of intake with other nutrients may place individuals at risk of kidney disease, bone loss, cardiovascular disease, and other chronic health conditions,” concludes a study written in part by Mona Calvo, an expert at the agency’s Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition. The study also says that the evidence “remains weak.”
And:
"Neither Chang’s study, nor any of the studies published to date, have shown phosphate additives directly cause health issues.

“We don’t know,” Block says. “That’s why we need to do more research.”

It's a good idea to avoid a lot of man-made products. 20 years ago doctors were testifying that cigarettes were not necessarily harmful. 30 years ago they said they were fine. 40 years ago they said they were good for you.

Large corporations don't care about you. They just want your money and not get sued.

Brookover is pure rubbish. He calls sodium chloride a "chemical additive" -- it's friggin' salt people and it's in just about everything anyway. Sorbic acid is a NATURAL compound first isolated from unripe berries of Sorbus aucuparia and is used to prevent bacterial contamination. If this guy thinks it is safer to eat food that may be contaminated with E coli, then more power to him. I would prefer to embrace the advances that science has made over the centuries.

Competition food is one thing. Cooking for friends and family is another thing. I realize we're talking about competition presentations.

When home: when in doubt- leave it out.

Just so we're clear, you just posted a giant block of text from two complete bullchit, scientifically-worthless websites (naturalhealth365.com and healthguidance.org).

Look, I'm all for healthy lifestyles, but you're just flinging woo against the wall at this point.

It was a large block of text of which most of it i couldn't understand but what picked up from it, and what (i believe) long is saying here is that a better look should be taken at what is in the food we consume. Bread is a good example of food that should be simple but isnt. A big part of me learning to cook is getting rid of the nonsense in my diet. Since ww2 food has become a big business whose bottom line has led to a nation of fat asses. In an effort to sell us more they have added chemicals and even changed the dna of our food.

Personally i aim to make my bbq less like fast food and mass produced pakaged junk.

It was a large block of text of which most of it i couldn't understand but what picked up from it, and what (i believe) long is saying here is that a better look should be taken at what is in the food we consume. Bread is a good example of food that should be simple but isnt. A big part of me learning to cook is getting rid of the nonsense in my diet. Since ww2 food has become a big business whose bottom line has led to a nation of fat asses. In an effort to sell us more they have added chemicals and even changed the dna of our food.

Personally i aim to make my bbq less like fast food and mass produced pakaged junk.

A competition BBQ forum seems like the perfect place for that type of discussion. :doh:

A competition BBQ forum seems like the perfect place for that type of discussion. :doh:

Every place is the perfect place to discuss corporations turning food into consumerism and using that to distract us while they pull the wool over our eyes.

Or we could all just sit around and wait for the McRib to come back

Jason, they are talking about your McRib now!

Oh ya baby!! I could taste the phosphate/msg/whatever else was bad for me in all 6 of these back in December :becky:
caeb4aQl.jpg

4PXsKGXl.jpg

G8A1wXZl.jpg

There are worse things in this world people shove into their face holes other than phosphates that will kill them/make them unhealthy :-D.

And HERE is the study I'm referencing that trumps everything said. The most scientific by actual real doctors.

Last edited:
Back