Pepper Stout Beef Variations?

jeffreywp1

is one Smokin' Farker
I am going to cook this tomorrow for the first time. The original recipe sounds solid but was wondering if anyone had tried any variations on the recipe? Off hand I think I will be adding some whole grain mustard to the braise after shredding. And even though it would be a different dish altogether, has anyone tried using wine instead of beer?

I almost bough mushrooms for this dish but decided to try it as is. When I shred the meat I may add some mustard after I taste test.

For my first chuckie............ I substituted red wine and beef broth for the beer. loved it.

I like to use beef broth, with a bell pepper, 1 or 2 Anaheim's and an onion. I go kind of light on the broth, then at the end add a little broth with some corn starch in it. Not enough to make jello.....just enough to thicken what broth is left, to something between broth and gravy.

It's kind of a mix between the recipes I've seen here and one I saw the BBQ Pitboys do.

(It was their po boy beef sandwich recipe.)

Last edited:
I like to use beef broth, with a bell pepper, 1 or 2 Anaheim's and an onion. I go kind of light on the broth, then at the end add a little broth with some corn starch in it. Not enough to make jello.....just enough to thicken what broth is left, to something between broth and gravy.

It's kind of a mix between the recipes I've seen here and one I saw the BBQ Pitboys do.

(It was their po boy beef sandwich recipe.)

Sound good. I may try and thicken my sauce a little if it is very wet when I shred it.

I did Shiner, Onions, Bell Peppers, Mushrooms, and Jalapeno's for my first. It was great...

Back