THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Now I could eat a plate of that Andrew.....you just keep coming up with ideas on the PBC. Love the way you hung the taters and corn.

Now I could eat a plate of that Andrew.....you just keep coming up with ideas on the PBC. Love the way you hung the taters and corn.

Thanks! I can't take credit for the foil hanger for the corn. I saw Noah do it in one of his videos. I just thought it would work for the sweet potato too. But it was a little heavy so I though two hangers would be best.

Thanks Keith! I just wanted to try it in the foil the first time. Plus I wanted to try wrapping it with the butter. I'll probably try your method next time. :thumb:

I think you'll be happy with buttering after but i've done it both ways....with butter in the husk is just ok but it always needed butter after anyways so now i don't bother.

Also wrapping the potatoes in foil and hanging with the hook has been the best baked taters yet for on the grill. I use multiple hooks to lower them to just over the coals but i'm sure you can figure something else out if you don't have enough hooks.

I think you'll be happy with buttering after but i've done it both ways....with butter in the husk is just ok but it always needed butter after anyways so now i don't bother.

Also wrapping the potatoes in foil and hanging with the hook has been the best baked taters yet for on the grill. I use multiple hooks to lower them to just over the coals but i'm sure you can figure something else out if you don't have enough hooks.

I did find the corn needed re-buttered as you can see on the pic. We don't eat baked potatoes very often. The sweet potato was delicious though. I may do that again. Not sure if I will hang'm again or not. I'm considering getting another 18.5" grate and cutting half of the rods out of it so I can hang and grate at the same time. I may use the one in my smaller kettle and get a new grill grate for it.

I did find the corn needed re-buttered as you can see on the pic. We don't eat baked potatoes very often. The sweet potato was delicious though. I may do that again. Not sure if I will hang'm again or not. I'm considering getting another 18.5" grate and cutting half of the rods out of it so I can hang and grate at the same time. I may use the one in my smaller kettle and get a new grill grate for it.

Noah has said that he is coming out with a grate that will allow you to hang and cook on the grate at the same time, but not sure when it will be available.

I hung my corn thru the bottom of the ear. But I also soak husk/ears for at least 30 minutes in water before cooking.

Noah has said that he is coming out with a grate that will allow you to hang and cook on the grate at the same time, but not sure when it will be available.

I remembered you saying that but I'm not sure how patient 8 can be...:becky:

I hung my corn thru the bottom of the ear. But I also soak husk/ears for at least 30 minutes in water before cooking.

Yeah I figured I'd need to soak them if they weren't wrapped in foil. Thanks!

Yeah I figured I'd need to soak them if they weren't wrapped in foil. Thanks![/QUOTE]
I soaked mine in the past but lately I haven't been and they are fantastic. I foil the bottom half when hanging them on the stick burner but the jimmy i just hung them with no foil and they are perfect.

Yeah I figured I'd need to soak them if they weren't wrapped in foil. Thanks!
I soaked mine in the past but lately I haven't been and they are fantastic. I foil the bottom half when hanging them on the stick burner but the jimmy i just hung them with no foil and they are perfect.[/QUOTE]

Cool. I would have thought they would dry out and the husks would burn.....

I've done them both wrapped, no soaking, for me over the years, I prefer to soak them in a 5 gal bucket, top part down and pack em in.

That looks like a winner to me!

Thanks Mike!

One of my favorite ways to cook corn is naked directly on the grill per this recipe:

http://amazingribs.com/recipes/other_side_dishes/ultimate_corn_on_the_cob.html

That's interesting Bob, I'm gonna have to try that method....again Noah needs to hurry up and get that half grate on the market. ....lol

even tho u used a drum it looks like it came out great! :wink:

Well it ain't a Shirley is it? Lol. :becky: Thanks!

again Noah needs to hurry up and get that half grate on the market.

again just get a jimmy it's ALREADY on the market to hang and grate cook. ;)

If you had a dome lid then you could just sit the grate on the rebar. I bet your 18.5 lid would work ...don't worry if it's not a perfect fit because that isn't important at all.

again just get a jimmy it's ALREADY on the market to hang and grate cook. ;)

If you had a dome lid then you could just sit the grate on the rebar. I bet your 18.5 lid would work ...don't worry if it's not a perfect fit because that isn't important at all.

I tried putting the grill on the rebar but it didn't sit well to me. I cooked with it but just didn't like it.

Thanks for the advice but I'm good with the PBC how it's configured at the present. :becky:

Back