PBC Meal --- All hung!

Now I could eat a plate of that Andrew.....you just keep coming up with ideas on the PBC. Love the way you hung the taters and corn.

Now I could eat a plate of that Andrew.....you just keep coming up with ideas on the PBC. Love the way you hung the taters and corn.

Thanks! I can't take credit for the foil hanger for the corn. I saw Noah do it in one of his videos. I just thought it would work for the sweet potato too. But it was a little heavy so I though two hangers would be best.

Thanks Keith! I just wanted to try it in the foil the first time. Plus I wanted to try wrapping it with the butter. I'll probably try your method next time. :thumb:

I think you'll be happy with buttering after but i've done it both ways....with butter in the husk is just ok but it always needed butter after anyways so now i don't bother.

Also wrapping the potatoes in foil and hanging with the hook has been the best baked taters yet for on the grill. I use multiple hooks to lower them to just over the coals but i'm sure you can figure something else out if you don't have enough hooks.

I think you'll be happy with buttering after but i've done it both ways....with butter in the husk is just ok but it always needed butter after anyways so now i don't bother.

Also wrapping the potatoes in foil and hanging with the hook has been the best baked taters yet for on the grill. I use multiple hooks to lower them to just over the coals but i'm sure you can figure something else out if you don't have enough hooks.

I did find the corn needed re-buttered as you can see on the pic. We don't eat baked potatoes very often. The sweet potato was delicious though. I may do that again. Not sure if I will hang'm again or not. I'm considering getting another 18.5" grate and cutting half of the rods out of it so I can hang and grate at the same time. I may use the one in my smaller kettle and get a new grill grate for it.

I did find the corn needed re-buttered as you can see on the pic. We don't eat baked potatoes very often. The sweet potato was delicious though. I may do that again. Not sure if I will hang'm again or not. I'm considering getting another 18.5" grate and cutting half of the rods out of it so I can hang and grate at the same time. I may use the one in my smaller kettle and get a new grill grate for it.

Noah has said that he is coming out with a grate that will allow you to hang and cook on the grate at the same time, but not sure when it will be available.

I hung my corn thru the bottom of the ear. But I also soak husk/ears for at least 30 minutes in water before cooking.

Noah has said that he is coming out with a grate that will allow you to hang and cook on the grate at the same time, but not sure when it will be available.

I remembered you saying that but I'm not sure how patient 8 can be...:becky:

I hung my corn thru the bottom of the ear. But I also soak husk/ears for at least 30 minutes in water before cooking.

Yeah I figured I'd need to soak them if they weren't wrapped in foil. Thanks!

Yeah I figured I'd need to soak them if they weren't wrapped in foil. Thanks![/QUOTE]
I soaked mine in the past but lately I haven't been and they are fantastic. I foil the bottom half when hanging them on the stick burner but the jimmy i just hung them with no foil and they are perfect.

Yeah I figured I'd need to soak them if they weren't wrapped in foil. Thanks!
I soaked mine in the past but lately I haven't been and they are fantastic. I foil the bottom half when hanging them on the stick burner but the jimmy i just hung them with no foil and they are perfect.[/QUOTE]

Cool. I would have thought they would dry out and the husks would burn.....

I've done them both wrapped, no soaking, for me over the years, I prefer to soak them in a 5 gal bucket, top part down and pack em in.

That looks like a winner to me!

Thanks Mike!

One of my favorite ways to cook corn is naked directly on the grill per this recipe:

http://amazingribs.com/recipes/other_side_dishes/ultimate_corn_on_the_cob.html

That's interesting Bob, I'm gonna have to try that method....again Noah needs to hurry up and get that half grate on the market. ....lol

even tho u used a drum it looks like it came out great! :wink:

Well it ain't a Shirley is it? Lol. :becky: Thanks!

again Noah needs to hurry up and get that half grate on the market.

again just get a jimmy it's ALREADY on the market to hang and grate cook. ;)

If you had a dome lid then you could just sit the grate on the rebar. I bet your 18.5 lid would work ...don't worry if it's not a perfect fit because that isn't important at all.

again just get a jimmy it's ALREADY on the market to hang and grate cook. ;)

If you had a dome lid then you could just sit the grate on the rebar. I bet your 18.5 lid would work ...don't worry if it's not a perfect fit because that isn't important at all.

I tried putting the grill on the rebar but it didn't sit well to me. I cooked with it but just didn't like it.

Thanks for the advice but I'm good with the PBC how it's configured at the present. :becky:

I tried putting the grill on the rebar but it didn't sit well to me. I cooked with it but just didn't like it.

Thanks for the advice but I'm good with the PBC how it's configured at the present. :becky:
OK, i know it's no jimmy but i'm trying to help as much as i can! :laugh:

Back