On the Lang Waiting List

Congrats, you're going to be happy with it.
The warmer is convienent but I could live without it but the stainless table is worth the money. Love the Lang.

Congrats, you're going to be happy with it.
The warmer is convienent but I could live without it but the stainless table is worth the money. Love the Lang.

What he said....and you can buy a Cambro and keep your food hot or cold for that matter.

Congrats! I was thinking about getting a Lang at one point. I really hear nothing but good things about them.

Congrats! I seasoned my Lang by wiping down every square inch of the inside and grates with peanut oil. I also apply peanut oil to the grates at the start of every cook now. I have never had any issues with the grates rusting. The stainless shelf would be nice. I use a portable table I purchased from Sams for this purpose (wipes down easily and folds up to minimize space).
I bought the standard model without any upgrades and I've been very pleased. I only cook at the house so I use the oven or Weber kettle as needed for warming. I've also placed a couple bricks on top of the firebox that I place my wood splits on while waiting to be placed in the box while the previous ones burn. It allows them to catch fire immediately when placed in the box.

you will love your lang get some fire brick to line bottom and sides of fire box place fire bricks on top of firebox and down tunnle under searplate helps stablise temps

Congratulations! I have a older Lang model 84 deluxe I found on Craigslist. It's the only stick burner I've ever had, and I love it! I don't actually use the warmer box for food all that much (usually just to put wood in to preheat ), but I do like having it. The ss shelf would be very nice if its not too costly.

We have had our 84 with chargrill (no warmer) since the late 90's. No mods needed so far.

I would rather have a seperate stainless table than stainless side shelves. The side shelves are just a place to set things like a tray of meat while you are loading and unloading. Ours doesn't move so I have a couple of wood picnic tables for prep space and a kitchen near by.

Due to the several recommendations for the Deluxe Model, I just called Lang and changed the order to the 60 Deluxe. Ben said the warmer, without the upgrade to add the flues, would run about 40* less than the main cooking chamber. That's about all I think I'll need for now. I can always have them added at a later date if needed. I only live about 2 hours from Nahunta.
It also helps that I managed to sell a couple of leftover motorcycle accessories recently.
Thanks to all who made comments and suggestions.
Now I'm like a kid a month out from Christmas!

Hey John, congrats & enjoy your new Lang rig!
Like you (I think anyway), at my young age of 55, I didn't wanna wait one year for a Shirley. So yesterday I pulled the trigger and put a deposit on a Klose 24X40 Back Yard Chef.
I figure to get a good 20 years out of it and than pass it along to one of my kids if they're so inclined. I have about an 8 week wait :mmph:

Scott

I got mine 3 years ago and when I went to order I was going to get the 48" deluxe. Ben told me that for the same money I could get the 60" original and that's what he would recommend, so that is what I have. I did go with these two modifications.
The top shelf use to be on legs (Don't know if it is still that way). I ordered mine with a slide out top shelf.
I ordered and extra temperature gauge. Originally it would have had one in the middle but mine has one of each end. It didn't cost very much to have the extra gauge.

Welcome to Lang. I have truly enjoyed mine.

I got my 60 original in April. Love it. I use the top of my firebox to warm splits.

The Lang doesn't need mods, but do place firebrick in the bottom of the firebox. I ordered the SS grates but haven't used em yet.

Invest in a propane weed burner to get it started. And hydraulic log splitters are nice to have. I have a 4hp electric that works great.

Langs are pretty pits. But, asking a forum about upgrades is like saying, I have money, let's burn it. LOL... you should know forums like this one have a tendency to get guys spending money. : ) Now get a custom paint job ! LOL

Congrats. I hear good things about those pits.

Congratulations, now to spend your money, aluminum wheels, chrome stacks, chrome door handles, wait, that sounds like my truck lol,
Congratulations and enjoy, it will be here sooner than you think

GrassFed: Pretty never gets any consideration in my world. Functional is the name of the game. You are correct about those who love to spend other people's money but I believe I got some useable feedback from most.
I think back to the days when I didn't see any use for a cell phone since I never owned one. These days, like most, I don't leave the house without it. Same goes for power windows, FM stereo, and ABS in my truck.
I started this venture saying no to the Deluxe model but soon saw the possibilities it provides. I recently added the flues to the warmer option because the wife asked about smoking jerky in it.
I do want to thank all for the congrats and suggestions. Great forum here. Glad I signed up.

Back