THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mike, wanted to ask you about the hangar steaks, how many were in the cryo and what was the weight? I'm trying to figure out if I have room for them or if I need to split one with a friend...

Mike, wanted to ask you about the hangar steaks, how many were in the cryo and what was the weight? I'm trying to figure out if I have room for them or if I need to split one with a friend...

There were 3 whole hanger steaks in the cryo. I picked through the case and found the lightest cryo I could find (6.2 lbs). My theory here was; smaller hangers = younger cow = more tender. Plus, I didn't know what I was getting myself into and didn't want 12 lbs of the stuff if they ended up sucking... :shocked:

I actually did weigh the trimmed pieces to calculate loss. I ended up with 1.6 lbs of trim and 4.6 lbs of clean, which is only around 25% loss. I didn't think that was too bad.

kcmike, that is awesome and will definitely be on my menu soon!!!! i just need to find some hangar steak around here??? nice job:thumb:

Hanger steaks rock. Those looks awesome and the reverse sear you did looked perfect.

Looks like I'll be stopping by my butcher this weekend for hangers. I haven't cooked a hanger since last year. And grill roasted carrots are farking awesome. I love the char and sweetness that comes out. I usually dress mine in a little EVOO and Kosher salt. How did you do yours?

Hanger steaks rock. Those looks awesome and the reverse sear you did looked perfect.

Looks like I'll be stopping by my butcher this weekend for hangers. I haven't cooked a hanger since last year. And grill roasted carrots are farking awesome. I love the char and sweetness that comes out. I usually dress mine in a little EVOO and Kosher salt. How did you do yours?

Thanks! Just EVOO on the carrots. I meant to season them more, but see my post a few posts above for the explanation... :icon_blush: :doh:

This is one of the best beef posts I've seen in a long time! And now you have me wanting to try some of your rubs, even though I have a cupboard full...

This is one of the best beef posts I've seen in a long time! And now you have me wanting to try some of your rubs, even though I have a cupboard full...

Thanks, Moose! Hey, just pop for the $3.75 sample pack first, then you can try them all without causing you to have to rearrange your cupboard... :thumb:

Back