Not Q: Sausage & Gravy Pizza on a Biscuit Crust -Dang!

SirPorkaLot

somebody shut me the fark up.
Name or Nickame
John
A few days ago i saw a post on Farkbook showing a Sausage gravy pizza using a Bisquick crust.

Of course I had to see what I could do with this….

I used a different biscuit crust, the Cheddar Bay biscuit mix from Red Lobster (minus the cheddar).

-Made a sausage gravy.
-Pre-baked the crust
-Loaded the crust with gravy
-Baked it the rest of the way
-Made scrambled eggs
-As the “pizza” was almost done, I added the scrambled eggs to the top
-Sprinkled with parsley and Q-Salt
-Sliced and served

58b1ac908f3ff2fca29ec871bbdcab2c.jpg

05d5b006f039ee5a24d367e377c86828.jpg

f69928a77e40948fdf3e814c06ba9a47.jpg

4fb388407d3435207fd7fc91af112e66.jpg

af723db6a7cabb039d65f67da903d1da.jpg

Delicious!
It was a success and I wouldn’t change a thing.

This could be done on your favorite outside cooking equipment too!

Oh yeah.... Always looking for a variation on breakfast using stuff I really like. Any insight on how much dough is required??? I have Bisquick already. A more complete dough recipe would be appreciated.

Looks fantastic...............

Not Q, but Dang!

Oh yeah.... Always looking for a variation on breakfast using stuff I really like. Any insight on how much dough is required??? I have Bisquick already. A more complete dough recipe would be appreciated.

Looks fantastic...............

I used a whole box of mix.
The mix was for 10-12 biscuits

Made it per instructions and then put on round pan. I used a dinner plate that I wet down to smash the dough mix down to pizza shape/size, then pinched the edges to form the rim

It's always good to try new things - sure looks to be quite filling!

But that is NOT a pizza. Just sayin'...:grin:

For the cooking challenged (of which I am one) you can get one ready to bake at Walmart. They are pretty tasty.
No offense intended to you, John. I am sure yours was a cut above!

For the cooking challenged (of which I am one) you can get one ready to bake at Walmart. They are pretty tasty.
No offense intended to you, John. I am sure yours was a cut above!

Yep, we've had a frozen one from ALDI that we really liked. The key was to make sure not to overbake it and turn the biscuit to rock. A local gas station chain also does a breakfast pizza (but regular crust) that is quite tasty.

Yep, we've had a frozen one from ALDI that we really liked. The key was to make sure not to overbake it and turn the biscuit to rock. A local gas station chain also does a breakfast pizza (but regular crust) that is quite tasty.

Are you talking about Casey's? If so I might have to try it. I have also looked at the ones from Aldi's and Walmart, but never bought one.

As for Johns above pie: I like the Cheddar biscuits idea and might use that recipe, but hard to beat plain old Bisquik. I also think this screams out for a garnish of bacon and maybe some chopped up tater tots.

Thanks,

Robert

Are you talking about Casey's? If so I might have to try it. I have also looked at the ones from Aldi's and Walmart, but never bought one.

As for Johns above pie: I like the Cheddar biscuits idea and might use that recipe, but hard to beat plain old Bisquik. I also think this screams out for a garnish of bacon and maybe some chopped up tater tots.

Thanks,

Robert

Someone else suggested crispy hash browns on top. All great ideas!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back