Chicago Pizza Pot Pie

LYU370

Resident Idjit

Batch Image
Batch Image
Staff member
Name or Nickame
Andy
Made famous at the Chicago Pizza & Oven Grinder Company. Let's give this another go, last time I tried I had nowhere near enough cheese. Did not make that mistake this time. New phone, so trying to figure out the camera on it, blurring some stuff I din't want blurred.

The players.

ilpc56fh.png

Cook up the sauce, add Italian sausage, onion, lots of garlic.

qdlmhrah.png

Six slices of Mozzarella & six slices of brick cheese. Add whole mushrooms. Why whole? No idea, but that's the way they've been making it for 50 years, so who am I to argue.

VysVPK4h.png

Covered with the sauce and onto the Big Joe.

D7tTfwth.png

R7YI5G4h.png

Crust a little dark, was running about 390, should have dropped it down a bit.

MKASXvMh.png

Flip it over and remove the bowl. Plenty of cheese this time.

za3C9ECh.png

jSSk6Efh.png

Cut into it, good stuff, ooey gooey goodness. Enough for two, should have weighed it.

4I2UguXh.png

Eating pizza and watching the Bears not suck so bad, thanks for looking.

Holy crap that looks amazing! I’m making this soon but what is brick cheese? I’ve heard of it in Detroit style pizza but we don’t have it in New England. Is it like Munster cheese?

Holy crap that looks amazing! I’m making this soon but what is brick cheese? I’ve heard of it in Detroit style pizza but we don’t have it in New England. Is it like Munster cheese?
It's a Wisconsin cheese, pretty melty, have heard that Havrati, Muenster & Colby are similar, but not really sure, I can get brick at The Jewels. Only used Muenster on grilled cheese sandwiches. Good stuff BTW.

That looks really good Andy. Since I can't leave thing alone, I'd probably quarter the mushrooms to get more sauce coverage. Perhaps make two, one the traditional way and the other with the quartered 'shrooms.

Thanks,

Robert

That looks amazing. I guess I've never see that style pizza before, but I'd love to try it!!

Back