THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I really like the Franconia Dunkel. I have not tried that Founders...I would be interested in trying it, though :wink:

Hey folks, here is a singer for you. Anybody know where I can go while I'm out there Friday-Sunday to purchase a Texas Longhorn skull & horns to mount? I know it sounds weird but my wife wants one.

Looks like I'm not going to be able to make it. A friend talked me into a 70 mile bike ride Saturday morning and I'm going to the Jimmy Buffett concert in the evening.

Looks like I'm not going to be able to make it. A friend talked me into a 70 mile bike ride Saturday morning and I'm going to the Jimmy Buffett concert in the evening.
Sorry to hear you can't make it, but should be a fun and rewarding day!

That Sounds Turrible - I'd get New Friends.........Well the Jimmy Buffet part might be Fun...... Unless Bike is really Motor Scooter........

Is it really a Texas Bash if we don't have brisket? I can switch from pulled pork if y'all would rather have brisket.

Is it really a Texas Bash if we don't have brisket? I can switch from pulled pork if y'all would rather have brisket.

Sounds like there will be a lot of pork already (ribs that is), and I have a couple of racks of St. Louis that I was going to bring just in case. I'd say a brisket is mandatory for a North Texas Bash anyways. Check Walmart, BTW. I saw Choice over the weekend at the one in Plano (Coit - south of Plano Pkwy) for $2.69 I think.

Brisket it is!

Actually the only time I've wrapped with BP was at a Bash, courtesy of Chris (thanks for the brisket sale update!). Would like to try that again so will take ya up on your offer peeps.

So just to re-confirm, bash is this Saturday at Casa de Peeps, correct? I'm going to be +1, new girlfriend wants tasty BBQ after I cooked for her last weekend. When I told her this was a bunch of guys all bringing their A game and cooking all day, it didn't take a lot of arm twisting to get her to come. She may be making a cornbread casserole which is amazing. I'm still planning on doing a few racks of spares, unless somebody wants me to do something else.

Peeps, is 8am ok to show up? I'll be taking over a rack of whichever cooker is in the neighborhood of 275.

Hey guys been out of the loop for a bit with work and trying not to float away down here in Aggieland! Looks like lots of changes! Not 100% sure if I'll make it but that's the plan. I'll bring these along too.
20150410_185217_resized.jpg
I just have to hope for better luck Peeps defective Longhorn cookers than I had last time!

So just to re-confirm, bash is this Saturday at Casa de Peeps, correct? I'm going to be +1, new girlfriend wants tasty BBQ after I cooked for her last weekend. When I told her this was a bunch of guys all bringing their A game and cooking all day, it didn't take a lot of arm twisting to get her to come. She may be making a cornbread casserole which is amazing. I'm still planning on doing a few racks of spares, unless somebody wants me to do something else.

Peeps, is 8am ok to show up? I'll be taking over a rack of whichever cooker is in the neighborhood of 275.
8 am is late to the game as Chris already said he was coming over around 6am :wink: So, sure, 8am is fine :becky:

Both pits should be cruising nicely by then...

Hey guys been out of the loop for a bit with work and trying not to float away down here in Aggieland! Looks like lots of changes! Not 100% sure if I'll make it but that's the plan. I'll bring these along too.
View attachment 111866
I just have to hope for better luck Peeps defective Longhorn cookers than I had last time!
:lol: I blame the late arrival, the beer, and the group effort to brute force the brisket done more than the cooker :wink: :thumb:

I'm confident it was the Longhorn ties as a Red Raider raised by Aggies I know the longhorn hate when I see it. Maybe I'll bring you some A&M decor for the patio since it's so bountiful down here!

View attachment 111866

It lives! :mmph::boxing::twitch:

Let me know when you are sure about coming or not. You can hitch a ride with me since you don't need to hitch the offset.

I'll be happy to carry the short ribs if you can't make it, BTW LOL.

I'm confident it was the Longhorn ties as a Red Raider raised by Aggies I know the longhorn hate when I see it. Maybe I'll bring you some A&M decor for the patio since it's so bountiful down here!
Make sure it is made of wood so it gets used properly...for firewood :wink:

Back