THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So to confirm - as of right now, we are still a go for the Lake, correct?

Yes. I am going to call them this week to see how their plan is for opening the 27th. I suspect it will still just be "planned" but they sounded pretty sure last time I spoke to them.

Well, it is officially time to start scrambling. TPWD just called me back and let me know that Ray Roberts is extending their closure until at least the middle of June. The reservation is officially cancelled. I will flag the discussion to have a mod edit the original post.

Thoughts?

I can still offer my place, but we would be limited to my cookers (listed below) and maybe a couple small cookers that you guys bring that can easily be transported to my backyard. Offsets would have to stay in the street.

Thoughts?

My friends have around 3 acres near Lake Lavon we can use and I'm 99% positive they said they could run power (I need to double check). Wouldn't cost us anything except maybe sharing some of our eats...

Breckinridge Park also has a large powered Pavilion and offers camping. Not sure on its cost.

I like the idea of Casa Peeps since it's crunch time. Might be hard to find something at a local lake since so many are closed.

ALL Lake Whitney Parks are Open.

When I spoke to TPWD, they had no group pavilions similar to Ray Roberts available in the region.

I am OK with whatever, but due to work right now (I am getting killed) I am not going to be able to do much coordination.

I still like the idea of Peeps' place given the location. I think between his cookers and the couple of poopers that could easily be moved in and out of the yard, we will be fine.

The big issue I see right now with reserving another location is that the forecast is still calling for rain for every day in the foreseeable future. With a private location, we can make last second decisions as needed.

I know I'm just a party crasher Florida boy so whatever works for y'all is good for me. But I'm going ahead and canceling my hotel room in Sanger. When y'all decide on a location let me know so I can make a new reservation. Peeps, what side of Denton are y'all on?

I know I'm just a party crasher Florida boy so whatever works for y'all is good for me. But I'm going ahead and canceling my hotel room in Sanger. When y'all decide on a location let me know so I can make a new reservation. Peeps, what side of Denton are y'all on?

There is a Hilton Garden Inn in Denton that is nice (it is between the loop and 35 so convenient to pretty much anything). I stayed there once before moving to Texas.

Dave, I shot you a text, assuming you have the same number you had last year...let me know if you didn't get it.

Got the OK from the wife last night....so as long as that is cool with everyone, we can do it at my place. With the covered patio and a couple canopies, we should be good if this trend continues.

Address is 7808 Shoal Bend, Denton, TX 76210

Dave and I will be ready for you fellas bright and early! :wink:

Got the OK from the wife last night....so as long as that is cool with everyone, we can do it at my place. With the covered patio and a couple canopies, we should be good if this trend continues.

Address is 7808 Shoal Bend, Denton, TX 76210

Dave and I will be ready for you fellas bright and early! :wink:

Can you please define "bright and early?" My version of early is before many people have went to sleep the night before. I was planning on hitting the park when the gates opened at 6:00. I have this image of your wife pointing a loaded weapon at me if I rolled into your place at 6:00. :boxing::twitch::loco:

If I don't see any objection soon (and once we have a start time), I will flag the post to have Ron edit the title and post #1 with the updated information.

Party at Peeps' place works for me. Can still haul a WSM up there if necessary, they don't take much room, but I know Peeps has some serious smoker space available at his casa.

Can you please define "bright and early?" My version of early is before many people have went to sleep the night before. I was planning on hitting the park when the gates opened at 6:00. I have this image of your wife pointing a loaded weapon at me if I rolled into your place at 6:00. :boxing::twitch::loco:

If I don't see any objection soon (and once we have a start time), I will flag the post to have Ron edit the title and post #1 with the updated information.
6-ish is fine....I'll be up and just come around the back :wink:

peeps, we have an EZ-Up & can bring if needed.
Perfect. Please do!

Party at Peeps' place works for me. Can still haul a WSM up there if necessary, they don't take much room, but I know Peeps has some serious smoker space available at his casa.
WSM size will work OK...I'll fire up both big cookers in the morning have them ready to roll for folks. Kettle and mini-WSM can be used for folks that might want to use them. Or bring your own. With all the smoke rolling, we might get some stragglers rolling in off the street :wink:

Back