THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hamburger is $5.74/# for 73/27, $6.24/# for 80/20 in the 10 pound rolls! They can stick it.

What's weird is, you can buy whole NY strips in cryovac for #5.75/# at the same store. That makes me think they are jacking the price up extra on burger to take advantage of the current situation.

I got a good supply of butts in the freezer.I have noticed they have been short in stores around here.Memorial Day Weekend coming up,probably why.Still plenty of Chuck Roasts and brisket flats in our stores.I have a grinder.No worries.

Pork butts for me right now are $2.49/lb. Not a good price but, relative to other things not too bad, after all how much do I really need near term?

With what I have in my freezer, I can go with that, beans, and grains for a month or two easy until the current 'crisis' subsides.

Meat is going to be really cheap about a month after the panic subsides so, right now is not the best time to HOARD!

I also went to restaurant depot....and my chin about hit the floor. They were selling bone-in pork butts for $2.50/lb. Went to Foodlion and picked up a two packer for $1.99 lb. I assume the price due to packing house closures are going to make the prices skyrocket!

i'm seeing pork shoulders from the butcher in the grocery store. they are small. like 5-6lbs. all the cryo packed smithfield ones have been gone for a while now.

My Kroger affiliate market has a good supply, and they are in the 9 to 10 pound range. Recently bought 2 and removed the coppa roasts for smoking later, and pressure canned the rest.

Back